• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there such a thing as a USERS MANUAL

cabazon

So if I set up osCommerce(matti) for someone but they dont want to do anything in the code and other places for non technical people , is there a USERS MAUNAL that they could referto other than the Knowledge Base so they can learn the basic program funtctions? Sort of like what any new program comes with, you know a users manual.

Thank for the answers in advance....

So if I set up osCommerce(matti) for someone but they dont want to do anything in the code and other places for non technical people , is there a USERS MAUNAL that they could referto other than the Knowledge Base so they can learn the basic program funtctions? Sort of like what any new program comes with, you know a users manual.

Thank for the answers in advance....

Hi,

Other than the online documentation I am not aware of a users manual here. Its an ongoing effort for the contributers here writing those topics and of course as any developer will admit, the documentation is always the least fun part :o Some parts have been documented some parts haven't yet.

I have however noticed over time a few places that sold user type manuals in the form of eBooks. These items that I've seen are not released under the GPL and you would be required to purchase a copy for each of your customers to be doing the right thing.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Thanks for your time Tina. Where have you seen these book you mentioned? What I did was I used some of the relevant text from the knowledge Base and put together a text file. Not what I was looking for in looks but it did the job anyhow.

Thanks again Tina :)

Dino :D

Hi,

Other than the online documentation I am not aware of a users manual here. Its an ongoing effort for the contributers here writing those topics and of course as any developer will admit, the documentation is always the least fun part  :o Some parts have been documented some parts haven't yet.

I have however noticed over time a few places that sold user type manuals in the form of eBooks. These items that I've seen are not released under the GPL and you would be required to purchase a copy for each of your customers to be doing the right thing.

Be well,

Tina

Archived