• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Store Customization?

Burton

I'm very new to osCommerce, but I've installed a test store and have a few questions about customization. I run a webstore that primarily works with rock bands and sells their merch. One of the biggest issues we've been trying to solve is how to begin making the "stores" (think categories in osCommerce) look different from one another. This is accomplished very well by a company called Merch Direct. Here are some examples:

Hot Rod Circuit

Senses Fail

Dobi.nu

Basically, there is a master database of products and a very simple header and background color templating system being used. I would like a bit more functionality than that (links in the header, css backgrounds) but overall the point being that we would have ONE osCommerce store running and each category would be able to have a different look.

I had posted an "osCommerce wants" question here and one of the responses seemed to indicate this was possible. I spent tonight searching the boards and it seems the BTS and STS tend to do a lot but make additional contributions difficult to add. Just curious if there is maybe a simpler system, that adds an option to call a custom CSS file at the category level? It seems like that would be an incredibly simple workaround. Any ideas or suggestions?

Archived