• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Order Info

jjackow

Can someone please advise how I can receive customer order info by email after an order is placed. What I need is to have info from the customers invoice like products ordered, total price of order, and delivery info emailed to me so I don't have to login to admin panel every time to get the info. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

go to your admin area and under the configuration section you will see an area that reads:

Send Extra Order Emails To

just put whichever email address you want to receive the orders in there and you should be all set.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done all of that as well to my Admin configuration. However, it will send confirmation emails to all other email addresses...as long as they are not at my domain (same server as what my store is on).

Example:

My store will send an order confirmation email to [email protected] or any other email, but no email is sent to [email protected]

I have two people listed to recieve the order confirmation emails here under the @lindelifttruck.com address and one going out to my personal account @yahoo.com. I receive the one that goes to the yahoo account, and it comes from: [email protected] BUT no one here at lindelifttruck.com gets anything. Hence, we check our Admin Orders for new orders all day long.

I tried adding the -f in my email.php. I also have just plain email addresses, no names in front or extra carats. BUT I noticed that our sendmail_path in server_info.php is set for /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Could that be the problem? I've never seen it with an -i at the end? Should I change the -f to a -i and try it again?

Please help. :blink:

Archived