• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Safely changing template

Hi,

Could someone tell me how i can change my template to something simple like http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=36 that I have found for free. I downloaded it earlier but it asks me to upload a couple of files into the 'images' and 'includes' folders which is straight forward enough i guess, but it also asks to add some lines into /catalog/includes/configure.php script :blink: . I gave this a go earlier, but as i'm fairly rubbish with this sort of stuff i managed to mess up my complete database! Luckily I hadn't really done much to it and so have just finished re-installing osCommerce ready to start again.

Any help with making a template such as this work would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gordon_Gekko,

I'm pretty sure they would tell you "where" to insert/change the code in the configure.php file somewhere within the files you download. If not, try posting a specific question such as "I downloaded this free template and installed it but where do I put this code?" Post the code and I'm sure someone will able to tell you right away.

I have found that most templates are pretty straight forward though I am still new to osc myself.

Mark

Hi,

Could someone tell me how i can change my template to something simple like http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=36 that I have found for free.  I downloaded it earlier but it asks me to upload a couple of files into the 'images' and 'includes' folders which is straight forward enough i guess, but it also asks to add some lines into /catalog/includes/configure.php script :blink: .  I gave this a go earlier, but as i'm fairly rubbish with this sort of stuff i managed to mess up my complete database!  Luckily I hadn't really done much to it and so have just finished re-installing osCommerce ready to start again.

Any help with making a template such as this work would be great.

Thanks in advance.

It seems to use the sts template system. If the instructions you received with the template are not clear try downloading the contribution and reading the original instructions. Basically you just add the code either before or after your database info. I do not think it matters which.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived