• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

editing files

Hi,

I've installed osCommerce today and it has been running ok, so i thought i'd change the template. i downloaded a free template ad uploaded the files using ftp. However, i need to add some files to the /catalog/includes/configure.php script but don't know how to do it as i'm a relative newbie, i've found them but can't edit it them. Maybe i'm not looking at them in the right place, or maybe its something else.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I've installed osCommerce today and it has been running ok, so i thought i'd change the template.  i downloaded a free template ad uploaded the files using ftp.  However, i need to add some files to the /catalog/includes/configure.php script but don't know how to do it as i'm a relative newbie, i've found them but can't edit it them.  Maybe i'm not looking at them in the right place, or maybe its something else.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi

before you change anything ever in osC make sure you BACKUP first.

Having said that you will need to find a good text editor for editing PHP files - there are many good free ones available if you surf and search for them.

I guess when you say you need to add files to configure.php you mean you need to add code to the file - be exceedingly careful with this file -

You will need to download the file from your server, back it up in case you goof up, change it and then upload it again in ascii mode using a good FTP client. (again many good free ones available. )

Finally I am not sure you should really be using a template that requires you to amend the configure file - not a good move IMHO :D

There will be questions and issues along the way - but ask and help will be available

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived