• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net and APO Addresses

phamtastic

I'm having trouble authorizing APO Addressess. In authorize.net I get an error "not a valid state." Well that's because the customer inputed "armed forces europe" for the state. I know that APO addresses can be processed but how should the customer fill out the form? What should the put for city and what should they place for state?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem

sometimes i get invalid state errors and when i set it up a different way in the oscommerce control panel, i get country errors...

i called authorize.net, they said i have my setting correct for processing APO orders, so i have to look into my shopping cart settings...

PLEASE HELP!!! i'm losing customers every day and getting nasty emails... eek!

here is the way i tried processing them:

TRY NUMBER ONE

jo shmo

box 1034

city: APO

postcode: 90235

state: Armed Forces Europe

TRY NUMBER TWO

jo shmo

box 1034

state: AE

both reported errors

Edited by missa88

I'm having the same problem

sometimes i get invalid state errors and when i set it up a different way in the oscommerce control panel, i get country errors...

i called authorize.net, they said i have my setting correct for processing APO orders, so i have to look into my shopping cart settings...

PLEASE HELP!!!  i'm losing customers every day and getting nasty emails... eek!

here is the way i tried processing them:

TRY NUMBER ONE

jo shmo

box 1034

state: Armed Forces Europe

TRY NUMBER TWO

jo shmo

box 1034

state: AE

both reported errors

Most soldiers billing information is not associated with an APO address. In fact, out of the hundreds that we have sold to NONE of them have a credit card assigned to an APO. Perhaps your AVS (address verification settings) should be changed then so that anyone can buy. Disadvantage to this is you are setting yourself up for a chargeback. Just tell the soldier you only ship to the billing address and whoever lives there will have to ship it to them. This saves you a big headache. Hope this helps.

some families have changed their billing address to their apo / fpo box, (I myself spent 5 years overseas) thus you can also put a state into their profile.

hnot shipping to them can get you into hot water with 'Big Brother'

hello,

i would like u to tell me where i wil find ccv i found that justcc is not good and i like ur site so i want to know more so plz give me the link in which i could get there thx

Most soldiers billing information is not associated with an APO address.  In fact, out of the hundreds that we have sold to NONE of them have a credit card assigned to an APO.  Perhaps your AVS (address verification settings) should be changed then so that anyone can buy.  Disadvantage to this is you are setting yourself up for a chargeback.  Just tell the soldier you only ship to the billing address and whoever lives there will have to ship it to them.  This saves you a big headache.  Hope this helps.

I agree, i would like to change my AVS in order to process these orders but i dont want to get chargeback issues...

I'm wondering if setting the checkout process to use ISO codes instead of the written out country name would help process APO orders???

as it is now, the country that gets sent to Authorize.net is "APO", which is not a valid country... so if i set the cart to process orders with ISO codes, I could get "USA" to got to Authorize.net for processing the card...

am i correct that an APO billing address has USA as the country?

Most soldiers billing information is not associated with an APO address.  In fact, out of the hundreds that we have sold to NONE of them have a credit card assigned to an APO.  Perhaps your AVS (address verification settings) should be changed then so that anyone can buy.  Disadvantage to this is you are setting yourself up for a chargeback.  Just tell the soldier you only ship to the billing address and whoever lives there will have to ship it to them.  This saves you a big headache.  Hope this helps.