• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing and Adding stuff

Nss

How can i remove the "This product was added to our catalog on Monday 28 February, 2005. (or any other date)" from the all product pages?

How can i remove the "New Products For ---" from the front page?

I don't want the specific prduct updates newsletter thing. Can i do one newsletter for eveything and have a sign up thing on the main page? how?

I don't want the specific product Tell-A-Friend. Can i make one to tell the friend about the site, not a specific product and have a thing on the front page? how?

How can i add a flash animation? (what's the php/html code)

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

I suggest you take a look through the Knowledge Base - as most of the answers you are seeking are listed there. I'd also suggest you'd get a better response if you didn't didn't shout 'PLEASE HELP URGENT!', when you're not posting about 'life or death' matters but general questions about what to do.

Vger

I didn't find any of the naswers in the Knowledge Base. It may be that i just don't know how to look. Can someone PLEASE help me with that...

Sorry for writing 'PLEASE HELP URGENT!' it's just that i'm making a site for someone and he needs it soon. I wont do it next time....

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't really help asking too many questions in one thread. Try splitting them up for clearity sakes. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In catalog/product_info.php change

<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?>

to

<?php //echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?>

In catalog/products_new.php find and delete

<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '

In catalog/index.php change

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

to

<?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

Note that there are 2 occurrences.

Flash animation can be added to your pages just as in normal HTML pages. If you are using SSL as well, then use the following as a start for your codebase=""

codebase="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? 'https://' : 'http://'); ?>

Again, try asking asking different questions/subjects in different threads and you should get better answers, faster.

Don't forget that the search button is your best friend. :thumbsup:

About the flash animation, i want to have it in the front page. What is the php code i use to embed it? (i'm not using SSL).

Thanks a lot, I'll split it up next time... :P

Archived