• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing destination of "Top" link

darylmc

Hello All,

I have done a few searches on this topic, but have not been able to come up with anything yet.

How would I go about changing the destination of the "top" (top>catalog) link? As it is right now, it goes to www.whatever.com. That is just a splash page. I need customers returned to another page within the site. Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

daryl

Hello All,

I have done a few searches on this topic, but have not been able to come up with anything yet.

How would I go about changing the destination of the "top" (top>catalog) link? As it is right now, it goes to www.whatever.com.? That is just a splash page. I need customers returned to another page within the site. Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

daryl

Hi daryl,

This is how I might approach that problem. Make sure you backup before you make any changes to files. That value come from the HTTP_SERVER defination in your configure.php file. However I would be leery of changing that value because other things might be affected.

However you could add a new definition, say MY_TOP_LINK or whatever. Then if you go into the application_top.php file, at around line 587 it says this:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

Modify that HTTP_SERVER constant to the new one you created that point to the page you would like people to be returned to. Hope that helps.

Have fun,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Thanks,

That makes perfect sense. I was afraid that the link was directly tied to the HTTP_SERVER info. I will give your suggestion a shot.

Thanks again for the response.

daryl

Hi daryl,

This is how I might approach that problem. Make sure you backup before you make any changes to files. That value come from the HTTP_SERVER defination in your configure.php file. However I would be leery of changing that value because other things might be affected.

However you could add a new definition, say MY_TOP_LINK or whatever. Then if you go into the application_top.php file, at around line 587 it says this:

Modify that HTTP_SERVER constant to the new one you created that point to the page you would like people to be returned to. Hope that helps.

Have fun,

Tina

Worked like a charm!!

Thank You, Tina

-daryl

Hi daryl,

Have fun,

Tina

Archived