• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New site, coming on well

mark27uk3

Hi Guys,

My new site is coming on great :thumbsup: but I still have a couple of niggles that need sorting out.

If you have a look at my site here you will see that the search button is out of alignment with the search field.

This is the code for the search box:

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('go.jpg', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

Can anyone tell me how to align them correctly please?

Thanks

Mark :blink:

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hi Guys,

My new site is coming on great :thumbsup:  but I still have a couple of niggles that need sorting out.

If you have a look at my site here you will see that the search button is out of alignment with the search field.

This is the code for the search box:

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('quick_find', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),
                              'align' => 'center',
                              'text' => tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id() . tep_image_submit('go.jpg', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '</a>');

?>

Can anyone tell me how to align them correctly please?

Thanks

Mark :blink:

put the button in a separate <td> </td> tag and valign to middle

Treasurer MFC

Hi Amanda,

I have no idea on how to do that inside an array!

Thanks

Mark

$the_text = '<table>

</tr>

</td>' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . tep_hide_session_id() . '</td>

<td valign="middle">' . tep_image_submit('go.jpg', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table>' ;

tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => $the_text);

something like this.

Treasurer MFC

Hi Amanda,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I was having problems with my ftp and firewall.

Call me stoopid and thick but I just can not integrate the code you suggested with this code

<?php

'align' => 'center',

?>

Everytime I do I get a flippin parse error which I can not resolve. >_<

HELP! :'(

Thanks

Mark

mark

i think it would be something like this

$the_text = '<table>

</tr>

</td>' . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"') . tep_hide_session_id() . '</td>

<td valign="middle">' . tep_image_submit('go.jpg', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH) . '</a></td>

</tr>

</table>' ;

<?php

'align' => 'center',

'text' => $the_text

?>

might mot be 100% but its along those lines, i have done something similar but dont have the code here

cheers

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying but that produced this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_NEW, expecting ')' in /home/*****/public_html/includes/boxes/search.php on line 32

Line 32 is this

Mark

mark

it looks like you are missing an opening '(' bracket somewhere

this is what i did for my login box, which is something the same as what you are trying to do

$in_out_action = "<b><center>Welcome Back<br>$res->customers_firstname</center></b><br>";

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' =>

$in_out_action

i think you might have to put ");" in so it looks like

'text' => $the_text);

not 100% but as i have no idea what PHP is :o i just go by trial and error must of the time, and with a little help here and there :D

Archived