• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email HTML template

Tcet

Does anyone know why the news letter (even with html on..even afetr adding the HTMLAREA mod0 just will not send proper HTML...I mean a PLAIN text newsletter for a very visual site ...just Bites...

This is what happens... it just wraps the html code...Shows it perfectly in HTML ...as a preview...you klik Send! ...and then gets send as if it was ...plain text..and sends that as email content!

after adding the HTMLAREA..mod ..i figured it might just have an override setting or supplie it's own MIME type?? but either it gets two headers send along ...and drops one...mine... or thet textarea is set to WRAP_TEXT?

I found a bit of code that first strips the HTML ..then adds it in (bottom of /catalog/admin/general.php ...send message..buold message...)

Can the news letter Module ..be set to send out HTML formatted enmails..with tables...and bg image??...I hope so...Can i add a Mod...in admin... is there a module for that .. ???..i looked for days through all ...YES ALL..the posts and updates...NOthing..relevant..HELp..

MAYbe someone..could tell me..

Could we drop the X:mailer all together?...and perhaps use the php mail() function instead?

anything else??? doesn't matter as long as i can type text ...

and the has a place to put the html ...and 'fold' it around the textarea text...like this:

And compile the mail ... with

$email_text = (

.$email_mypart1header

.$email_mypart2

.$email_ORIGINAL html areainput

.$email_mypart3

.$email_mypart4footer)

send mail($.name ..ect ,...$email_text, )

As a last minute workaroud...if easier ..to process..?

But what?s the grammar?...what should the MIMe type be ...

Seriously ...all i need is a place to add to the email send ... and display correctly when received...by customer

Thnx..

Alx

Archived