• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

despearately need help

alongkuku

Hi there,

Will deeply appreciate if anyone can help with this. I've just installed oscommerce and mysql onto my local machine. My machine is running on this specs:

Windows XP Pro SP 2

MySql Server 4.1

Runnig IIS at localhost

i've copied the os commerce catalog folder into C:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog and copied my database folder (abc) into my sql data folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\data\abc.

I've no problems accessing this when i'm at school. However, when i come home, and copied the folders to my local machine folders, it doesn't work at all.....

problem 1 : while i tried to access the oscommerce admin page thru http://localhost/catalog/admin/index.php. this error appears...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

problem 2 : i tried to reinstall and link oscommerce to mysql database again. however, this problem occured at stage two.

http://localhost/catalog/install/install.php?step=2

When i'm at the database import page, the whole page got distorted and got hung. I can't continue with the installation.

Can anyone help? thanks!

try downgrading php to version 4.3.10

hi there. it helps after i downgraded to php 4.310.

however, when i proceed to the last part of installation (step 7) errors occured.

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

And when i tried to surf the admin page (http://localhost/catalog/admin/index.php)

this error message was shown.

1046 - No database selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

how can i correct this?

thanks for ur help!

Archived