• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin won't open

krh_68

Hi folks,

I'm new to oscommerce too, but managed to get a site deployed last night (early morning). My problem is that I can't launch my admin tool at all, I resolved an header issue with the sessions.php file below but am now getting the following message, any ideas?

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /home/mysitename/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 12

here is a section of the script from line 9 to 20

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {

if (!$SESS_LIFE = get_cfg_var('session.gc_maxlifetime')) {

$SESS_LIFE = 1440;

}

function _sess_open($save_path, $session_name) {

return true;

}

My first post, it may not be my last...... :o Thanks!

Karl.

Hi folks,

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /home/mysitename/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 12

here is a section of the script from line 9 to 20

*/

if (!$SESS_LIFE = get_cfg_var('session.gc_maxlifetime')) {

$SESS_LIFE = 1440;

}

function _sess_open($save_path, $session_name) {

return true;

}

My first post, it may not be my last...... :o Thanks!

Karl.

the code is correct.

how did you resolve your header issue with the sessions.php as that may be what is causing this error, my guess would be that there is a missing piece of code elsewhere which was meant to finish a section of code and due to this being missing the code now runs on to this page causing an error.

not the best explanation. The missing code could be a ; semicolon

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

the code is correct.

how did you resolve your header issue with the sessions.php as that may be what is causing this error, my guess would be that there is a missing piece of code elsewhere which was meant to finish a section of code and due to this being missing the code now runs on to this page causing an error.

not the best explanation. The missing code could be  a ; semicolon

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply, to resolve the header fault I followed an instruction to remove any space after the:

<?php

and before the:

?>

at the top and bottom of the file, instead of sitting on their own line they now look like this (lines 1 to 12):

<?php/*

$Id: sessions.php,v 1.9 2003/06/23 01:20:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

*/

lines 110 to 113:

} else {

return session_save_path();

}

}?>

Thanks,

Karl.

go to your backup copy and upload the file admin/includes/functions/sessions.php

I think you may have made a mistake in your edit for the header issue, which may have required another file to be edited or to have mysql set for sessions in the configure.php files.

If you do not have a backup copy, then download a copy of the osCommerce and keep it to one side as your backup copy.

Open the zip and retrieve the required file to upload

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

go to your backup copy and upload the file admin/includes/functions/sessions.php

I think you may have made a mistake in your edit for the header issue, which may have required another file to be edited or to have mysql set for sessions in the configure.php files.

If you do not have a backup copy, then download a copy of the osCommerce and keep it to one side as your backup copy.

Open the zip and retrieve the required file to upload

Thanks,

all done, now I get the following error when I try to go to the admin/index.php:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/harteru/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:47) in /home/harteru/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/harteru/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:47) in /home/harteru/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/harteru/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

Archived