• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Display problems - Cart

HipCheck

Anyone have any idea how to fix button alignment and/or background color?  The payment buttons are vertically misaligned...  Any help appreciated greatly!

oscbuttons3tz.th.gif

The system uses tables to control the placement of visual objects on the page, and of course that's what causes the radio buttons to normally line up the way you want them to. It appears some of the code has been modified from the default and unfortunately there is no simple explaination that I know of on how to fix it other than reloading a default version of the file.

Regards,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

• 2 years later...

This was a pain but I manually fixed this by setting the payment titles to roughly the same number of characters on the individual payment pages i.e.

[b]catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php[/b]  changed:
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card');  to
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card Info                          '); 

[b]catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php[/b] changed:
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal'); to
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'Pay thru PayPal   ');

[b]catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ccbyfax.php[/b]  changed:
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_FAX_TEXT_TITLE', 'Fax your Credit Card Info'); to
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBYFAX_FAX_TEXT_TITLE', 'Fax Payment Info');	

[b]catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/moneyorder.php [/b]changed:
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE', 'Check/Money Order'); to
define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE', 'Check or Money   <br>Order');

I also made the arrow line up with the buttons by changing the table information (around line 230 for me but I have other contribs) in catalog/checkout_payment.php :

<tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="70%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>
               <td width="13%"> </td>
<td class="main" width="17%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>

I basically fiddled around adding or deleting spaces and changing the %'s until they were aligned. Hopefully this will help someone else with the same issue. If there is an easier way, please feel free to share! ;)

Blessings,

K

First why so many different Credit Card processing methods? That could be really confusing to your customer as which to use not to mention costly on your part. I think Authorize.net with pay-pal should be enough.

As for your radio buttons, use this contribution. It aligns them to the left and allows for better logic.

Radio Buttons Checkout Payment Fix

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Archived