• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

site up but no customers why?

brunel

Hi folks

Looking some advice our sites been up for about 6 months with 100+ visitors per day but I'm not getting any sales or customer sign ups.

Anyone suggestions advice All help welcome!! thanks

B

I used to be clueless but I've turned that situation around 360 degrees

Hi folks

Looking some advice  our sites been up for about 6 months with 100+ visitors per day but I'm not getting any sales or customer sign ups.

Anyone suggestions advice  All help welcome!!  thanks

B

Nobody likes your products, you're too expensive....who knows. You'll have to post the URL.

You have tried buying through the site yourself???

doH! oppps

www.donnadirect.com

that might help sorry

yea ran a few test orders and sign ups before launch. Got a few other people to test it too :))

Nobody likes your products, you're too expensive....who knows. You'll have to post the URL.

You have tried buying through the site yourself???

"Shirley of Hollywood??? Maybe Frederick's sister?

Are the visitors to your site really visitors, or are they search engine spiders or perhaps people looking for interesting images? Are people adding items to the cart but then abandoning them? (You can search your access log for the POST access type, or install one of the contribs that lists abandoned carts.

How have you promoted your site?

Whoohoo, like the site!!! Baps-tastic!

Well, there's a big problem with you're sidebar links once you go to the SSL pages!

The site quite rightly did not accept my bogus CC details so I cant check that bit but you definitely have a problem with the Secure pages, none of the links work. Tried the 'edit' links too on the confirmation page for the cart and for delivery address etc.

I'd say that there is something amis with any links that try to take you out of the SSL pages and therefore orders can't be completed.

Like where are your meta tags, have you submitted your site to the search engines?

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

A complete lack of meta tags is not going to help to get a good listing. By inputting your domain name I got this listing off google (not good)

TITLE

... Copyright ? 2004 DonnaDirect. For Security Your IP

Address Has Been Logged as: 66.249.71.32

https://host186.ipowerweb.com/ ~donnadir/create_account.php - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

Tip - people don't like the IP tracking - makes them feel your invading their privacy - drop it.

Apply titles other than 'TITLE' to your pages.

Use Meta Tags. Perhaps install the meta tags controller contribution.

Get your website's header and footer (which are 100% wide) to match with your main page content which is a fixed width and left of the screen.

Vger

doH!  oppps

www.donnadirect.com 

that might help sorry

yea ran a few test orders and sign ups before launch.  Got a few other people to test it too :))

Thanks all I'll take your advice and look at some of your ideas

Cheers!!

j

Archived