• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basics for design

toyicebear

does anyone know what the little tab in the top left of the info boxes is called in the stylesheet?

if you change the colour of the info box it leaves a little tap the origianl colour. I could use a little trial and error to find it but thought i'd try asking first

You will find the answer by reading the very first page of this tread.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
final question i hope

just under the logo you have the page paths i have " top and catalog" both the same page i would like to bring them to one home page text

Try searching the forum first before asking a question, this one and most other starter questions has been answered countless times before...

Does any one know how to do the following, I've searched everything.

Basically it's a replica of the Categories/subcategories box, but I want a drop down on the catalog page:

Find your solution -> Drop down list of Categories (selection filters to the category chosen -> drop down list of sub categories (again products displayed are filtered on this - possibly going down to attribute level.

It's essentially a different way for a customer to find the product they need.

Thanks

Lotti

Does any one know how to do the following, I've searched everything.

Basically it's a replica of the Categories/subcategories box, but I want a drop down on the catalog page:

Find your solution -> Drop down list of Categories (selection filters to the category chosen -> drop down list of sub categories (again products displayed are filtered on this - possibly going down to attribute level.

It's essentially a different way for a customer to find the product they need.

Thanks

Lotti

You can try: DropDownMenu v2.0

Hi Nick

I have a problem with my webite design, it looks perfect when it is in english but in arabic

it looks so bad because of the right column , it should be in the left not in the right as in the english language

and the quick find box looks too bad

THis is the url of the website in English

http://ex2.drbeautycompany.com/index.php?language=en

This is the url in the Arabic language

http://ex2.drbeautycompany.com/index.php?language=Ar

How to edit the design in the arabic section only? i do not want to edit the stylesheet because it will change the design in the english section also

I think the problem appears because the arabic language is from right to left not from left to right

Thanks

Hi Nick

I have a problem with my webite design, it looks perfect when it is in english but in arabic

it looks so bad because of the right column , it should be in the left not in the right as in the english language

and the quick find box looks too bad

THis is the url of the website in English

http://ex2.drbeautycompany.com/index.php?language=en

This is the url in the Arabic language

http://ex2.drbeautycompany.com/index.php?language=Ar

How to edit the design in the arabic section only? i do not want to edit the stylesheet because it will change the design in the english section also

I think the problem appears because the arabic language is from right to left not from left to right

Thanks

This is a question which you should ask in a separate support tread. Maybe other with expirience with using Arbic language and osCommerce can help you.

This is a question which you should ask in a separate support tread. Maybe other with expirience with using Arbic language and osCommerce can help you.

unfortunately there are few arabs here.

Thanks Nick

You can try: DropDownMenu v2.0

I tried that but this puts it in the right hand column when I want it in the main body, also as I have InfoBox Admin it didn't do anything after installing :(

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

I tried that but this puts it in the right hand column when I want it in the main body, also as I have InfoBox Admin it didn't do anything after installing :(

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

To make it clearer what I'm looking for, essentially I'm looking for something similar to this:

http://www.aveda.co.uk/templates/products2...GORY_ID=CAT8233

See the drop down box - find a product that suits your needs.

Thanks

To make it clearer what I'm looking for, essentially I'm looking for something similar to this:

http://www.aveda.co.uk/templates/products2...GORY_ID=CAT8233

See the drop down box - find a product that suits your needs.

Thanks

That will require custom coding...so you will have to program it yourself or if you can't then hire someone to do it for you.

That will require custom coding...so you will have to program it yourself or if you can't then hire someone to do it for you.

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not missing a contribution, much appreciated - even if that would have been my preferred answer!

I spend a whole day in hear and only go to page 25, this is really wonderful, I would like to ask one question here, how can i remove the other languages besdise english from the admin area, i mean too much framed when insert prosduct description. Thanks very much in advance.

I spend a whole day in hear and only go to page 25, this is really wonderful, I would like to ask one question here, how can i remove the other languages besdise english from the admin area, i mean too much framed when insert prosduct description. Thanks very much in advance.

You can remove languages you don't use/need in your admin under: Localization >> Languages

You can remove languages you don't use/need in your admin under: Localization >> Languages

Thanks Nick, sincerely, this thread do give me a big help. I did see some questions on this thread about the admin setting, and the Localization is the part i have not touched before, i think i should spend half of day to take a closer look to the admin section. By the way, i have reached Page 50 now.:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to change the style of the new products, in the "new products for..." box on the home page. Basiclly want to cut the number of prodcuts displayed from 9 to 4 and have it so it displays the short description/buynow layout. As well change the image size. is there any contrib you know of that would help, or any help anyone can give? It will be greatly apperiacted. I have serached the contribs and forums but cant seem to use the right words or find what im looking for help on.

I am looking to change the style of the new products, in the "new products for..." box on the home page. Basiclly want to cut the number of prodcuts displayed from 9 to 4 and have it so it displays the short description/buynow layout. As well change the image size. is there any contrib you know of that would help, or any help anyone can give? It will be greatly apperiacted. I have serached the contribs and forums but cant seem to use the right words or find what im looking for help on.

The number of products show you can set in the admin under configuration >> maximum values

You can edit this file, includes/modules/new_products.php

or look at one of these contributions..

Open Featured Sets

or

Wolfen Featured Sets

The number of products show you can set in the admin under configuration >> maximum values

You can edit this file, includes/modules/new_products.php

or look at one of these contributions..

Open Featured Sets

or

Wolfen Featured Sets

i have looked in the 'new_products.php' for quite sum time, still havne't been able to get what im lookin for :S

if yo uwant to see what im talkin about, visit www.koretek.ca and check out the new products table at the bottom of the page. The items have a description, but they aren't displayed and im thinkin because either the text is too big or the table cells are too small. What do you think i should do?

i have looked in the 'new_products.php' for quite sum time, still havne't been able to get what im lookin for :S

if yo uwant to see what im talkin about, visit www.koretek.ca and check out the new products table at the bottom of the page. The items have a description, but they aren't displayed and im thinkin because either the text is too big or the table cells are too small. What do you think i should do?

Check the code both for displaying the text and the code for truncating the text lenght.

Check the code both for displaying the text and the code for truncating the text lenght.

hey thanks, i sorta fixed it. The thing is, i got the description to show a bit (about 115 characters i think..thats the value i inputed anyhow)...but it still doesn't show the item name! which is very important. not only that but the prices displayed aren't aligned with eachother perfectly. The higher value number i input for allowing the description to be showed, the more offset the price is in alignment. you fix 1 problem and u just stumble onto another :S...i luv how the world turns..:S

hey thanks, i sorta fixed it. The thing is, i got the description to show a bit (about 115 characters i think..thats the value i inputed anyhow)...but it still doesn't show the item name! which is very important. not only that but the prices displayed aren't aligned with eachother perfectly. The higher value number i input for allowing the description to be showed, the more offset the price is in alignment. you fix 1 problem and u just stumble onto another :S...i luv how the world turns..:S

Its just to check your code, besides the php its just html and can be adjusted using ordinary html defines.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I display a grpahi inside a box? I have tried 2 ways to display a gif in my Payment options box. The first is to directly link to the .gif and the other ist to declare the gif in the language files

define ('BOX_INFORMATION_PAYMENT', 'payments.gif');

. Neither works, they only show the text "payment.gif"

My box file looks like this:

<!-- information //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_PAYMENT);

new InformationBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>	'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WURMFARM_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PAYMENT . '</a><br>' .
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ANGELKOEDER) . '">' . payments.gif  . '</a><br>' .
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SOMETHING_ELSE) . '">' . SOMETHING_ELSE  . '</a>');

new MyPagesBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- information_eof //-->

How do I display a gif there? It doesnt matter which, as its an international gif, so no language association is necessary...

Open Source Newsletter: PhPList

Open Source Questionnaire: Lime Survey

Archived