• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pictures still not loading

kingmontez

HI,

Ok guys this is a recent installation of oscommerce.

Product pictures wont load. I have had suggestions about permissions etc and have followed them all.

Still product pictures are not loading. Whats up?? This is like a most basic feature of this software and we cant get it to work???

Honestly the many thousands of problems of post suggests constant problems.

I know I am venting here but very disilusioned with this software and its usability for non - techi person.

I am considering hiring someone to fix that minor problem.

I have looked thru the knowlege base and it does not give me the answers either.

In my oppinion oscommerce has great possibilites but is very user unfriendly.

I hope developers keep inmind user friendliness will keep people using it.

Any last ditch suggestions?

:'(

For some reason the name of the image is not being included in the file pathway. Your image pathways are showing as:

img src="images/ "

Check the following:

1. The path to 'images' in both of your configure.php files should be:

images/

2. Check that the 'images' folder is set to 777 (full permissions) and that the image files are set to 644.

3. If uploading images via FTP make sure that they are uploaded using Binary Mode and not ASCII

Vger

OK I found one configure.php under the includes folde and the images/ is ok.

Where is the other configure.php file?

The images folder has 777 permissions and files are 644.

I have received different information about uploading images : I need clearification for this.... I dont understand why the knowlege base does not spell this out..... BUT anyway

I have been trying to upload images using the catalog/admin section. I was told to upload them from my harddrive. Do they have to be in a particular folder or anyfolder?

I have had information that I upload images by ftp then some say by the catalog/admin section I have also read in the knowlege base some similar information. It is all unclear to me.

I understand the proper settings and have them but what is the proper proceedure for uploading images?

thanks

John :huh:

For some reason the name of the image is not being included in the file pathway.  Your image pathways are showing as:

img src="images/ "

Check the following:

1.  The path to 'images' in both of your configure.php files should be:

images/

2.  Check that the 'images' folder is set to 777 (full permissions) and that the image files are set to 644.

3.  If uploading images via FTP make sure that they are uploaded using Binary Mode and not ASCII

Vger

OK I found one configure.php under the includes folde and the images/ is ok.

Where is the other configure.php file?

The images folder has 777 permissions and files are 644.

I have received different information about uploading images : I need clearification for this.... I dont understand why the knowlege base does not spell this out..... BUT anyway

I have been trying to upload images using the catalog/admin section. I was told to upload them from my harddrive. Do they have to be in a particular folder or anyfolder?

I have had information that I upload images by ftp then some say by the catalog/admin section I have also read in the knowlege base some similar information. It is all unclear to me.

I understand the proper settings and have them but what is the proper proceedure for uploading images?

thanks

John :huh:

The normal proceedure is to assign the image as you enter in your product info and description in the admin. It asks you for the image location and then uploads it to your image folder automatically when you save your product info. You should be seeing the image when you go to the preview screen, if not you have a problem.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Ok yup I am having a problem... but I knew that :D

Now what is the talk about ftp ing images?

Still trying to understand even the mechanics here....

I am just going to have to master php... and how it applies to oscommerce I can see that now.

Thanks

The normal proceedure is to assign the image as you enter in your product info and description in the admin. It asks you for the image location and then uploads it to your image folder automatically when you save your product info.  You should be seeing the image when you go to the preview screen, if not you have a problem.

If I am trying to upload images thru the catalog admin how do I check if the image is uploading as binary or ascII ??

Thanks

For some reason the name of the image is not being included in the file pathway.  Your image pathways are showing as:

img src="images/ "

Check the following:

1.  The path to 'images' in both of your configure.php files should be:

images/

2.  Check that the 'images' folder is set to 777 (full permissions) and that the image files are set to 644.

3.  If uploading images via FTP make sure that they are uploaded using Binary Mode and not ASCII

Vger

If you upload the images via 'admin' they will be uploaded via the programme and not via FTP client, so you don't have to do anything about settings for binary or ascii

For product images you need to upload them via the osComerce 'admin' control panel - when you are adding the product to your website.

Take a look in your Server Info under Tools and see what version of php your site is running on. php5 has problems with the upload.php file and this may be causing problems.

Vger

Archived