• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product pictures still wont load

kingmontez

Ok I have spent a few painful hours trouble shooting my ftp on xp and IE that wont let me change permissions on my site.

I installed ftp core lite and now i can change permissions

as instructed I change permissions to the folder catalog/images to 777

When I add a new product the the catalog/admin folder I specify the url of the image.

When I preview my item... it shows a blank square with no image. And the warning that no file loaded appears.

hmmm Now what??? >_<

Ok when I do this from my hard drive I get the same problem no file is uploaded.

:(

Your image should go where it says "Products Image:", click browse and upload your image for that product from your hard drive.

The "Products URL:" is there for you if you need to link the product to another site.

For more info check this"

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...nt/Products/147

Enjoy

Nacer.

Also a strange thing in the article

#147 is the comment about a folder called catalog/catagories/products

My oscommerce dowes not have the catagories folder under the catalog ... should it???

Your image should go where it says "Products Image:", click browse and upload your image for that product from your hard drive.

The "Products URL:" is there for you if you need to link the product to another site.

For more info check this"

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...nt/Products/147

Enjoy

Nacer.

Also a strange thing in the article

#147 is the comment about a folder called catalog/catagories/products

My oscommerce dowes not have the catagories folder under the catalog ... should it???

No it is describing the path in your admin as you go to your catolog box then the categories link.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I believe when they say catagories folder they mean when you are looking at your admin area where you enter products that is called catagories. You enter your main catagories there, as well as sub catagories, then the products themselves... assuming you are going to have different catagories.

When you add an image using the form that comes with osc when you are adding a new product you do not actually type in the url of the image. You click on browse, find the image on your hard drive, select it and osc should upload it for you if you have the right permissions on the folder when you click on preview at the bottom of the page.

Hope that makes sense. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived