• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help on template and home page editing

vadim2200

I just installed the shoping cart and i am getting to know all the options, but how do i change the template. Is there a themes that i can download? also how do I change the the home page info and take os commerce logo off the top? and 1 more thing, i uploaded the banner but why does it shows up on the bottom instead top?

I just installed the shoping cart and i am getting to know all the options, but how do i change the template. Is there a themes that i can download? also how do I change the the home page info and take os commerce logo off the top? and 1 more thing, i uploaded the banner but why does it shows up on the bottom instead top?

THere aren't really themes (like Nuke), but OSCommerce does one-up by introducing a CSS file that the be updated. This gives you a lot more flexibility in the end. It is called "stylesheet.css".

The home page modication is in the following path:

inlcudes/languages/english/index.php

The banner code is in the footer by default, if you want it at the top you will need to move it from your includes/footer.php file to your includes/header.php file.

To change to logo look for the following code in your includes/header.php file and replace the oscommerce.gif and osCommerce with your own info.

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

Once you replace the oscomerce.gif with the name of your logo you wil need to upload your image to the images folder.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I think there is a contribution that deals with themes. Check the contribution area http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions. You can go to the knowledge base to get the basics on how to edit the page to make them more your own at http://www.oscommerce.info/ and look over the forums, there is a ton of information floating around.

Good luck =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived