• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to config on payment module of for IPN

alexwong

Hi sir,

I have installed the IPN V1.1 construbition and because my Web hjosting server has not provided a delicated IP for my web-site, so i cannot activate the SSL certificate from the server.

For this case, Is the field of "Enable Encrypted Web Payments" on IPN payment Module must set to "False" ? And after that the following fields are no need to care as well?

If keep this configuration, will it affect the normal IPN transcation process to finish the customer's orders?

One more question , what is page style and how to set it?

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Thanks for your help.

Rds,

Alex.

A dedicated IP is not needed to encrypt the data going to PayPal. If your hosts cPanel provides a way for you to generate a key and a certificate, you can use those for the PayPal encryption. That is how I did mine.

If you use it with encryption turned off, the transactions will work well, they will just not be encrypted. It is an option.

You will need a dedicated IP for the SSL certificate that will encrpyt data between your site and your site visitors.

Rik Rasmussen