• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No idea what I'm doing...please help.

bumbleboy

:blush: I'm completely new at shopping carts and to a lot of the advanced features of the internet that I never used before I looked into web hosting.

I got as far as being able to upload the catalog and admin files to my ftp. I used Wise FTP as that was given as free software with my hosting service at 1and1.com

There was about 5 or so files not transferred for some reason. The error said something about network socket problems.

I transferred the catalog file to a catalog directory on my account, and the admin to the admin. I did this via SSL.

Online I typed in my ip, and then /catalog...and the installation for oscommerce comes up. I was able to get a successful connection to the datablase, but during the configuration part of the setup I got this error:

Warning: main(templates/pages/install_7.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/8/d119933809/htdocs/catalog/install/templates/main_page.php on line 36

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'templates/pages/install_7.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/8/d119933809/htdocs/catalog/install/templates/main_page.php on line 36

is this because of the few files that didn't transfer....or something else?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Farrah

Make sure that all of your folders are set to permissions 755, and the files within them to 644 - except for the two configure.php files which should be set to 777 for the install procedure to write to them (and reset afterwards).

I recommend you download the 30 day trial version of WS FTP Pro and try that for uploading your files. If files still do not upload successfully then contact your hosting company about it.

Vger

Make sure that all of your folders are set to permissions 755, and the files within them to 644 - except for the two configure.php files which should be set to 777 for the install procedure to write to them (and reset afterwards).

I recommend you download the 30 day trial version of WS FTP Pro and try that for uploading your files.  If files still do not upload successfully then contact your hosting company about it.

Vger

Thanks for your help. The WS FTP Pro worked great. The files all uploaded, the database was installed with no problems. :D

But when I accessed the catalog section of my site baby-etc.com/catalog, I got a couple warnings at the top of the page.

Warning Warning: Installation directory exists at: /homepages/8/d119933809/htdocs/catalog/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /homepages/8/d119933809/htdocs/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Is there something I can do to help this?

Thanks again,

Farrah

Delete or rename your catalog/install folder, this will get rid of the first warning.

For the second just change the file permission of catalog/includes/configure.php to something like 644

Enjoy

Nacer.

The first warning went away when I renamed the folders, but the second warning didn't go away because configure.php was already set to 644. I wonder why it still said it could write to the file when only the owner was selected to be able to write to it?

When I changed it to 444 the problem went away. But, doesn't this change cause me not to be able to change the setup of my store?

Thanks,

Farrah

Archived