• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stopping 1 Session ID

Problem: MSN has indexed my site and has added the same session id to all my listings - 3000 of them. When people click on the link on MSN they are taken to my site and they all get the same session ID. This means that they basically are all purchasing on the same cart (Big Problem).

I added a .htaccess rewrite mod to drop the session ID when MSN reindexes the pages (which hopefully should take less than a month). I have also enabled the prevent spider sessions in the admin to prevent sessions being added to the newly indexed pages.

Does anyone know any way to tell oscommerce that if this one session ID is used it should assign a new fresh session ID.

To see examples of what it is doing:

Go to msn.com

type can liners in the search box

my site is monsterjanitorial.com

look at the session id

next type floor finish in the search box

on the listing that comes up its the same session id.

in fact most of my listings have a session id.

Any help would be great - hopefully someone knows a snipet of code that will fix this.

Thanks,

Lee

Problem: MSN has indexed my site and has added the same session id to all my listings - 3000 of them. When people click on the link on MSN they are taken to my site and they all get the same session ID. This means that they basically are all purchasing on the same cart (Big Problem).

I added a .htaccess rewrite mod to drop the session ID when MSN reindexes the pages (which hopefully should take less than a month). I have also enabled the prevent spider sessions in the admin to prevent sessions being added to the newly indexed pages.

Does anyone know any way to tell oscommerce that if this one session ID is used it should assign a new fresh session ID.

To see examples of what it is doing:

Go to msn.com

type can liners in the search box

my site is monsterjanitorial.com

look at the session id

next type floor finish in the search box

on the listing that comes up its the same session id.

in fact most of my listings have a session id.

Any help would be great - hopefully someone knows a snipet of code that will fix this.

Thanks,

Lee

I believe that is not a very big problem as long as the session-id is expired. Then a new one will be issued. It does look un-clean in the indexes though.

Treasurer MFC

Hi,

If you look at lines 65 to 70 of html_output.php

if (isset($_sid)) {
     $link .= $separator . $_sid;
   }

return $link;
 }

which is part of the tep_href_link() function, so if you wanted to trap a particular session ID, that would be the place. This code

$_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();

creates a new one, I _think_ (I'm hoping it won't create the same one again).

You may also have to stop the current session first.

Peter

Archived