• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download help

cardsup

I have a question -- I have many downloadable products, so to keep track and be more organized, I made subfolders in the "Download" folder.

In the 'products_attributes_download' I set the path, i.e. '1/product/1/000003.zip'. When I make a test purchase and I click on the "download" link, I get a download.txt file that basically tells me the file can not be found.

However, if the product is in the main folder (not in the subfolders), I can download it just fine...

What is the best way to organize all the downloadable files? If everything is in one folder, it will get messy with several thousand products...Any ideas?

Anybody? Any ideas?

I am really concerned that I will have to move all my downloadable files into one folder, which will make it really messy...Also, are there any restrictions for how many files can be (viewed) in one folder?

PLEASE HELP!

I have a question -- I have many downloadable products, so to keep track and be more organized, I made subfolders in the "Download" folder.

In the 'products_attributes_download' I set the path, i.e.  '1/product/1/000003.zip'. When I make a test purchase and I click on the "download" link, I get a download.txt file that basically tells me the file can not be found.

However, if the product is in the main folder (not in the subfolders), I can download it just fine...

What is the best way to organize all the downloadable files? If everything is in one folder, it will get messy with several thousand products...Any ideas?

Having your products in subdirectories, if you use "download by redirect = true"

the download CAN'T function correctly!

Open catalog/download.php

Go to line 92 and 93 and modify adding the basename function:

92: symlink(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'], DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . basename($downloads['orders_products_filename']));

93: tep_redirect(DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . basename($downloads['orders_products_filename']));

92:    symlink(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . $downloads['orders_products_filename'], DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . basename($downloads['orders_products_filename']));

93:    tep_redirect(DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC . $tempdir . '/' . basename($downloads['orders_products_filename']));

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

It worked like charm! You really made my day!

Archived