• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add to cart not working

fatmcgav

hi there,

I've got a problem with a oscom store that i'm doing for a client. For some reason, the "add to cart" button isnt working from the product_info page, but it works from the reviews page.

From my experiments, it appears that the action urls are different.

It might be worth noting that i have Chemo's Ultimate SEO url's contrib installed, but i havent had this problem before, it just seemed to appear randomly.

If i try to add a product from the prod info page, it gives me the following url:

and gives me the following error:
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

If i add from the reviews page, it gives the following url, and add's the product to the cart:

Any ideas on what might be causin this.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

• 1 year later...
nvm, it's all fixed now.

For anyone who's interested, the stock SE friendly url's got enabled. Turned em off and it works fine now.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Hi there, i got same prb.

how do you turn SE friendly url's off?

Thanks

Errol

nvm, it's all fixed now.

For anyone who's interested, the stock SE friendly url's got enabled. Turned em off and it works fine now.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Hi there, i got same prb.

how do you turn SE friendly url's off?

Thanks

Errol

[email protected]

from your osc admin->Configuration->My Store->Use Search Engine Safe URLs set it to false.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the help. I am new for PHP and MySQL and I am trying hard to learn.

I have checked it and it was "false" by default. As shown below.

Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) false

the reason I was asking help about this was because I don?t know how to remove "Add to Cart" button from entire website except the Details box so visitors can buy from the Details box only.

Or it would be perfect if they could be able to buy from everywhere in the website right after they log in.

Currently you cannot buy before you log in. You should be able to buy after you log in from Add to Cart but it won?t! And this messes everything!

That is why I though since website doesn?t let you buy from Add to Cart from outside of Details Box so at least I could let visitor buy within the Details box.

This site is for Wholesale only. This is the all the trouble I have been facing.

Here is the website: http://store.supremesilver.com/index.php

It seems like you are quite good in this Oscommerce contributions. And I would appreciate very much if you can help me here. I certainly do believe that this contribution would be very useful and benefit so many people.

Best regards, and thank you.

P.S. it s ok to create account and purchase from the site if you like to try things. Because I this site is still under development so I am the one getting order emails whenever someone tries and simply ignore the. 

Errol Oz

[email protected]

I don't know if you have the ultimate seo urls and other changes in your cart you may need to check the ultimate seo urls support thread and ask the question there.

and there are already contributions that restrict the add to cart function for visitors.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601

Thank you for the quick reply!

Actually this is the result of this contribution (Prices for Logged-In Users Only) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601 I am involve and couldn?t find any solution after a month of reading every word in entire Oscommerce and goggling entire www!!!

Although I have asked help from OL_1973

But he doesn?t know the answer either!

I am using STS with Oscommerce codes, but I have tried this contribution on the original Oscommerce downloaded shopping cart and the result was exactly the same as the problem I am facing today. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601

I wonder why would they contrbute something that doesn work!

Something is terribly missing in this code and whieve can find it he must be the GOD

Regards,

Errol

Thank you for the quick reply!

Actually this is the result of this contribution (Prices for Logged-In Users Only) http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601 I am involve and couldn?t find any solution after a month of reading every word in entire Oscommerce and goggling entire www!!!

Although I have asked help from OL_1973

But he doesn?t know the answer either!

I am using STS with Oscommerce codes, but I have tried this contribution on the original Oscommerce downloaded shopping cart and the result was exactly the same as the problem I am facing today. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,601

I wonder why would they contrbute something that doesn work!

Something is terribly missing in this code and whieve can find it he must be the GOD

Regards,

Errol

However if you could at least tell me how to remove ?Add to Cart button? from entire website but leave the one in the Details box only, I would be thankful.

Regards,

Errol

[email protected]

you see you have a custom store. Contributions usually made on the default osc store. Especially when you're using a template framework at the top, (unless you want to change your site's layout every other day, why you need to complicate things?) you're getting away of the standard modules osc uses.

Now depending on the page you're looking you have to locate the module and remove the add to cart button. So for the product listing there is a file in catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php, you should see something like:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		break;

So it is where you want to conditionally display it or remove it.

you see you have a custom store. Contributions usually made on the default osc store. Especially when you're using a template framework at the top, (unless you want to change your site's layout every other day, why you need to complicate things?) you're getting away of the standard modules osc uses.

Now depending on the page you're looking you have to locate the module and remove the add to cart button. So for the product listing there is a file in catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php, you should see something like:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		break;

So it is where you want to conditionally display it or remove it.

Thank you for trying your best to help. but i have remove that from catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php and it doesnt even effect anything at all!!!

i do this link for Add to Cart button must be elswhere and i believe it must be the easies thing. simply Remove the damn Add to Cart button. from entire webiste except the ne n the Detail Box.

Even though this is STS but still %99 using oscommerece codes. and it seesm like noen of oscommerce have a clue if the template sold by other thrid pary companie even though teh coding is belongs to the oscommerce.

PHP is PHP no matter where it used!

All i asked for was to be able to remve this damn button. I cannot believe no one could help !!!!

Thank you my firend you havedoen your best so far.

Errol

Thank you for trying your best to help. but i have remove that from catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php and it doesnt even effect anything at all!!!

i do this link for Add to Cart button must be elswhere and i believe it must be the easies thing. simply Remove the damn Add to Cart button. from entire webiste except the ne n the Detail Box.

Even though this is STS but still %99 using oscommerece codes. and it seesm like noen of oscommerce have a clue if the template sold by other thrid pary companie even though teh coding is belongs to the oscommerce.

PHP is PHP no matter where it used!

All i asked for was to be able to remve this damn button. I cannot believe no one could help !!!!

Thank you my firend you havedoen your best so far.

Errol

with custom stores and especially template frameworks you have this problem. You're already seeing it I guess. You should ask the STS contributution support thread where the files are.

Archived