The e-commerce.

Official thread for Great Categories

willross

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

melfalcon15

I looked at "http://www.hierbasnaturales.com/home/catalog/index.php" and noticed that the categories infobox was a different type. If there is another URL to look at, that would be helpful.

If the boxes continue to break-out or have varying widths on different pages I would examine the html an look for the differences. Copy-and-paste the html here so we can see them too.

· willross

··········

hello everyone..

Im a bit new to all this..

I have done everything as you said...

Then gone ino info box and did install...

selected the category and installed it..

But it not working....Any idea's please... or can someone talk me through the whole process to make sure i got it right..

Many Thanks

Paul

melfalcon15

I found this as the link to your stylesheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///G|/OSCommerce/oscommerce%202-2/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/stylesheet.css">

That would cause problems. Maybe use this instead:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

tommy11011

I will figure out the problem. I will start by seeing how the default 'categories.php' file behaves with caching and go from there. However, I do not have a store with osC caching set-up yet.

· willross

··········

melfalcon15

I found this as the link to your stylesheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:///G|/OSCommerce/oscommerce%202-2/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/stylesheet.css">

That would cause problems. Maybe use this instead:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

tommy11011

I will figure out the problem. I will start by seeing how the default 'categories.php' file behaves with caching and go from there. However, I do not have a store with osC caching set-up yet.

ok, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

WARNING - stupid question of the day!!!

Greetz - I have been reading before installing and just wanted to know if someone could give me a quick tip on where to add the CSS code to the stylesheet - I use topstyle but can't find what I need - sorry for placing an off-topic quesiton here but would really love to install this contrib - - thanks for understanding

Ron

WARNING - stupid question of the day!!!

Greetz - I have been reading before installing and just wanted to know if someone could give me a quick tip on where to add the CSS code to the stylesheet - I use topstyle but can't find what I need - sorry for placing an off-topic quesiton here but would really love to install this contrib - - thanks for understanding

Ron

Hi Willross,

I upgraded my menu by dropping in the new categories.php file.  I'm sorry to say that the osc cache still is not working with the menu.

Not sure where to even look.

thanks.

fyi, I've been following your worko since april or may. Wanted to let you know that my caching is working!! Thanks for the great work.

Sorry for the last post mix-up. It was in regards to another contribution (Innovative Gateway Solutions v1.0). However, there is a new version bundled with the Multi-Stores too!

Hi Will,

I have loaded this contrib and it looks much better initially but goes back to the standard view when you click on anything. How many levels is it supposed to support? Is it possible it is conflicting with the "all products" SEO contrib that creates a page listing that contains all products? How about the separate pricing contrib that brings up different prices in the same catalog for retail, wholesale, distributors, etc.? Any help you might be able to offer would be great. www.myhappydance.com.

Carol

happydance

I looked at your store and it looks like you are using the original categories infobox with product counts turned off. The 'All Products' contribution should have nothing to do with this one, except that you add a link to the bottom of it. This contribution is 100% osC compliant now; just like the original. This leaves a zero margin for error.

I will need to see this error for myself or at least some screen shots. If you add any contributions that require modification to the categories infobox, that installation might be the culprit. Like 'Multi Stores', I may be able to provide a modified version for the group. However this contribution should be simple enough to figure out on your own (I added comment tags similar to the original).

BTW, I made my own version of 'All Products' about a year ago called 'All Products Enhanced', so I know how they work with the store. Also, SEO should not be a problem; one of my stores uses a mod_rewrite system too.

· willross

··········