• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forwarding site to catalog

tsk522

This may be a stupid question that has probably been answered before, but anyway...

When I go to my shop, www.---.com, I get transferred to the root directory. When customers type in www.---.com I want them to be forwarded to www.---.com/catalog.

I already tried forwarding through godaddy.com (where I registered my domain), but that didn't work.

I think there's something to edit in configure.php but I'm just not sure. Any help is appreciated.

move things down one level, ie create a directory named catalog and place everything in there. then change the configure.php files to reflect the change.

move things down one level, ie create a directory named catalog and place everything in there.  then change the configure.php files to reflect the change.

here is how i am setup: "root"/catalog. all files are in catalog. i don't know what you mean by moving things down one more level. everything is already in the root folder.

what do i need to change in configure.php?

TIY

if you have your site in /catalog then people need to click on a link from your root, ie www.domain.com

if you 'forward' them via pointing, you dont get indexed properly.

explain a bit more of what you want to do

if you have your site in /catalog then people need to click on a link from your root, ie www.domain.com

if you 'forward' them via pointing, you dont get indexed properly.

explain a bit more of what you want to do

ok my entire site is in /catalog like you said, and people do get directed to the root folder (not the site). at this point in order to go to my site you have to go to www.---.com/catalog. if you just go to www.---.com you get to a root folder.

so i'm assuming i just have to move the entire contents of my /catalog folder to the root folder?

yes, your initial post was a bit confusing. move everything up one folder, edit the configure.php files and you are good to go.

hi ! U hav a problem like my site.

When i enter the admin site (by my domain /shop), it directs to the server name that i installed my OSCommerce. I have edited my config files in both /admin and /root. But it is not working now.

So, can u tell me the way to set the link to the right (to my domain /shop).

After editing my config, i cannot enter my catalog area (in admin). The annouce is "the file is not found" !

hi ! U hav a problem like my site.

When i enter the admin site (by my domain /shop), it directs to the server name that i installed my OSCommerce. I have edited my config files in both /admin and /root. But it is not working now.

So, can u tell me the way to set the link to the right (to my domain /shop).

After editing my config, i cannot enter my catalog area (in admin). The annouce is "the file is not found" !

like Mibble explained above, just move everything one folder down. i think the easiest way to do it is to use your ftp program and copy the entire catalog to your computer then upload again to the root directory. then you just make changes in the configure.php file as Mibble explained.

Archived