• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What next i'm totally lost.

defector

Hi guys, can anyone help me? I'm having big problems. I place osCommerce on my server @ http://catalog.holgastudio.com but the furthest i've manage is the index.php. I've met so much problem as such:

1. I can't get my ssl to work. cause i dunno where to put or what to do with my ssl key, certificates that i've generated.

2. when i click on "my account" i come to an error page. dont' know what happen. but most proberbly due to my ssl setting.

3. i dunno if there is any other thing i should change in terms of config.php, or any other things like application_top etc etc.

4. am i suppose to change things under these lines ie: change https_cookie_domain with catalog.holgastudio.com for example?

// set the cookie domain

$cookie_domain = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN : HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN);

$cookie_path = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_PATH : HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH);

thanks alot guys there is lots more questions to come... and really appreciate if anyone can help me with it.

Hi guys, can anyone help me? I'm having big problems. I place osCommerce on my server @ http://catalog.holgastudio.com but the furthest i've manage is the index.php. I've met so much problem as such:

1.    I can't get my ssl to work. cause i dunno where to put or what to do with my ssl key, certificates that i've generated.

2.    when i click on "my account" i come to an error page. dont' know what happen. but most proberbly due to my ssl setting.

3.    i dunno if there is any other thing i should change in terms of config.php, or any other things like application_top etc etc.

4.    am i suppose to change things under these lines ie: change https_cookie_domain with catalog.holgastudio.com for example?

// set the cookie domain

$cookie_domain = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN : HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN);

$cookie_path = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_PATH : HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH);

thanks alot guys there is lots more questions to come... and really appreciate if anyone can help me with it.

You need to contact your hosting company for ssl cert install information, every host is different. Most will not allow you to install the cert yourself if you are on a shared server.

Once your cert is installed the only files you will need to change are your two configure.php files. You will need to set ssl to true and then enter in your secure path. No other file changes are needed.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

just discover this line what do i do?

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/holga/public_html/catalog/admin/configuration.php on line 23

This means you probably removed something you should not have when you were editing your file. Upload you backup and try again. For a stock install line 23 is

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', ' change only the info in between the single quotes leave everything else ');

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

You need to contact  your hosting company for ssl cert install information, every host is different. Most will not allow you to install the cert yourself if you are on a shared server.

Once your cert is installed the only files you will need to change are your two configure.php files. You will need to set ssl to true and then enter in your secure path.  No other file changes are needed.

hi ozczyz,

I've already installed my cert however. my server place it under localhost\ssl\ is it suppose to be under the same directory where osCommerce is installed? ie. localhost\oscommerce\ssl\??

Archived