• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is Oscommerce right for single item store?

dudeguy

Hi guys.

I just installed OS, and planned to simply text link my pages to the cart itself, simply as a place to purchase my one and only item. Does this sound feasible, and if so is it possible?

I basically want a blank slate, with the product name, site name, and an add to cart button, and check out button. I have no need for any other option that is offered, whatsoever.

Can one remove all the categories, options, catalogs etc., and just add simple text and a single item for purcahse to the main page?

As you can see, Im a noob, and I have no idea what Im doing. I have a shopping cart set up on the site now, but it is horrible, and I cant get it to accept an affiliate software prog. Im adding. The Prog suggests OS as the best solution, as its server based, and easily accepts the software.

Anthony

It's easy to set-up a one page cart with one product.

Just use the osComerce engine in the background and comment out everything else that is visible up to the checkout_process ...

hth

Hi guys.

I just installed OS, and planned to simply text link my pages to the cart itself, simply as a place to purchase my one and only item. Does this sound feasible, and if so is it possible?

I basically want a blank slate, with the product name, site name, and an add to cart button, and check out button. I have no need for any other option that is offered, whatsoever.

Can one remove all the categories, options, catalogs etc., and just add simple text and a single item for purcahse to the main page?

As you can see, Im a noob, and I have no idea what Im doing. I have a shopping cart set up on the site now, but it is horrible, and I cant get it to accept an affiliate software prog. Im adding.  The Prog suggests OS as the best solution, as its server based, and easily accepts the software.

Anthony

It's easy to set-up a one page cart with one product.

Just use the osComerce engine in the background and comment out everything else that is visible up to the checkout_process ...

hth

Its not just one page though, and Im really trying to keep the site intact. Is it possible to use OS just as a shopping cart, and thats all?

Archived