• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How it operates

alexandra

Hi All: as you can very well see from my previous threads, I am way new and way green to this whole database stuff. How do I start building a database for all to see. Where the heck do I start now that I have properly installed osCommerce and are there any good tutorials on this. Also, do I have to first make the database in phpMyAdmin or can I directly just do it with osCommerce. HELLLPP!! Thanks and much appreciated!!

If your site is up and working, then the database has been created. You just need to populate it with products now. Eventually, you should install the Easy Populate conribution. It will make adding prodcuts so much easier. In the meantime, go into admin and click on catalog. You will see a Add New Category and Add New Product. Click on one and start typing. Then switch over to your shop to see the result. You can delete what you have added without worry (for testing) so have at it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived