• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Too many connections...

I have this message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in D:\home\Default\softshooters.com\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What is wrong?

My problem or server problem?

Thank you

Regards

Mateus

Server problems. Every hosting company has a max limit on the number of users, which is set in the httpd.conf file (which you don't have access to on a shared server). Low-cost hosting companies have a very low threshold on the number of users allowed to be connected to mysql at any one time.

Check in your configure.php files to make sure that 'use_pcconnect' is not set to 'true', as it should be set to 'false'

Vger

Server problems.? Every hosting company has a max limit on the number of users, which is set in the httpd.conf file (which you don't have access to on a shared server). Low-cost hosting companies have a very low threshold on the number of users allowed to be connected to mysql at any one time.

Check in your configure.php files to make sure that 'use_pcconnect' is not set to 'true', as it should be set to 'false'

Vger

Oh man! <_<

It is set to false.

Should i change my server? I have it on hostonce.com They say that i would have:

800MB of reliable Windows webspace!

40GB monthly data transfer allowance!

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Sorry, Mateus. We can't offer hosting suggestions, as commercial posting of any kind (other than the rotating advertising banner at the top of this page) is prohibited.

There are many good hosts out there. The right host for you depends a lot on what your needs are. I like to compare webhosts to hotels. If you don't care (at least for the moment) whether you stay in a Motel 6 or a 4 Seasons, then your $$ is best spent at the Motel 6. If you're looking to impress or want to be catered to, then Motel 6 is definitely NOT the best choice.

Webhostingtalk.com is one place where they discuss different web hosts. You might want to give that a shot.

-jared

Archived