• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.htaccess help

tsk522

Can someone tell me what is wrong with the htaccess files I'm using? When I go to my /catalog/admin page, I get the popup but the username/pw does not work.

Here are the contents of the .htaccess file:

Deny from all

Options All

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile /www/catalog/admin

Require valid-user

AuthName "authorized_user"

Satisfy any

And here are the contents of the passwd file:

user:password

These two files are currently in my /catalog/admin folder.

I was also wondering how to redirect my site to /catalog. Right now the URL goes to the root directory.

TIY.

I have another problem... I'm trying to delete the .htaccess file but I can't find it in my directory. It had just a blank file name. Where is the file???!!!

I tried deleting the passwd file, but when I go to the /catalog/admin CP I still get prompted for password...

I think htaccess is the preferred way of allowing access to admin functions.

When you password protect your 'admin' folder from your web hosting control panel it actually sets up the .htaccess file for you. They are not different things.

If you can't find the .htaccess file when you ftp to your website - this is because .htaccess is (or should be) a 'hidden' file. To 'unhide' it (using WS FTP Pro) type -la into the blank box below the MkDir box on the right of the screen, and then navigate to the 'admin' folder and you should see it.

Vger

When you password protect your 'admin' folder from your web hosting control panel it actually sets up the .htaccess file for you.  They are not different things.

If you can't find the .htaccess file when you ftp to your website - this is because .htaccess is (or should be) a 'hidden' file.  To 'unhide' it (using WS FTP Pro) type -la into the blank box below the MkDir box on the right of the screen, and then navigate to the 'admin' folder and you should see it.

Vger

I use CuteFTP. Do you have instructions on how to unhide it with this program?

Archived