• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Install table error

m0tocross

Hello I am having a problem with a new install of OSC. When I start the installation process I get to the part where you have to enter your dbase information, once I click the continue button I get the following error:

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Table 'crunch_stomach1.configuration' doesn't exist

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

What do I have to do to fix this? I am running OSC 2.2MS2. I have created the database that OSC is to populate but did not create any tables in same ( did not know I had to). If any one can help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I think i had to create a blank table called 'configuration' to get mine to work. It drops it before adding the data, so you should be okay

Thank you. I tried that and the installation said it completed but then I got this error message once I tried to access either the catalog or the administration area:

1054 - Unknown column 'configuration_key' in 'field list'

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Thank you. I tried that and the installation said it completed but then I got this error message once I tried to access either the catalog or the administration area:

1054 - Unknown column 'configuration_key' in 'field list'

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Never mind I answered my own question. I had to have the two mentioned fields in the configuration table. From there it worked just fine.

Archived