• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not appearing, but PayPal OK?

pboreham

Hi all,

One of our OS sites is having a problem. Basically, every now and again they will get an order - they receive the PayPal confirmation ok, but no order comes through from OS.

I have looked at the orders in the admin and it just does not appear at all - even looking at the SQL database the order is not there.

Does anyone know why this happens - or more importantly how I can fix it!!

Cheers, Paul.

Hi, if you are just using the standard paypal module that comes with Oscommerce, then this is a common problem. It happens basically when the customer goes to paypal an pays but does not return back to the checkout_success.php page at oscommerce. You can try a test to recreate the problem. Even when you have paypal set up to redirect the customer back there are still some that surf away very quickly as soon as they see payment successful on the paypal site.

There are a few contributions to deal with this look for "paypal ipn". I am using the oscommerce one, which has solved this problem but created several others, especially related to the emails I get sent.

We had this problem but we installed the master password and order editor which allowed us to log in as the customers and complete their order. You will normally find their goods are still sitting in their basket.

Sounds like Paypal IPN is the way to go though.

Derek

We had this problem but we installed the master password and order editor which allowed us to log in as the customers and complete their order. You will normally find their goods are still sitting in their basket.

Sounds like Paypal IPN is the way to go though.

Derek

Thanks guys ... I do already have the PayPal IPN installed which is a bit of a worry!

Makes sense about the customer not returning to OS to 'complete' the order process. I remember installing a contribution for someone a while ago that showed all incomplete orders??

Anyway, I think the master password could be the way to go for now.

Any other ideas are gratefully received, but at the moment, this is great to be getting on with...

Cheers, Paul.

Thanks guys ... I do already have the PayPal IPN installed which is a bit of a worry!

Makes sense about the customer not returning to OS to 'complete' the order process. I remember installing a contribution for someone a while ago that showed all incomplete orders??

Anyway, I think the master password could be the way to go for now.

Any other ideas are gratefully received, but at the moment, this is great to be getting on with...

Cheers, Paul.

Once again, I'll repeat myself. Basically if you are using the standard PayPal included with osC, what happens is that at the last portion of PayPal after their payment has been made, it says "Your transactions has been completed" or some gibberish like that. On that same screen there is a button that says "Return to Merchant". They must press that in order for the order to be recorded by osC even though you got paid.

Basically what i do is that I go into the admin, install the Money order, cod or whatever that requires non immediate payment and then log onto the customers account (installled master password hack) and complete the payment with cod/money order.

then i go back into the admin and disable the cod/money payemnt option, go into the customers order (have *order editor contrib intalled) and edit the order as PayPal.

Now if you're real anal, you will not be able to tell if they actually paid via PayPal because they might have not have a paypal account and paid with credit card using paypal as the processor.

Archived