• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Products

scotymax

i've hunted through all the files and code i can think of...

first off... where can i set the maximum number of rows for the "new products" page, or products_new.php ...

secondly... even though in the "adminstrative tools -> configuration -> product listing" i have "display product manufacturer name" set to 0 (off), on this page (new products) it still displays "Manufacturer:" ... how do i turn that off? i've tried commenting out and deleting it a few different ways with no luck (errors).

first off... where can i set the maximum number of rows for the "new products" page, or products_new.php ...

secondly... even though in the "adminstrative tools -> configuration -> product listing" i have "display product manufacturer name" set to 0 (off), on this page (new products) it still displays "Manufacturer:" ... how do i turn that off? i've tried commenting out and deleting it a few different ways with no luck (errors).

in admin configuration you can set the max number of products returned which will set the number of products shown on your listing.

For your second question if I understand it correctly - you need to change code for the infobox - removing it rather than trying just to prevent the name from appearing - have I misunderstood you or does this help

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

For the second part if I understand you right you want to remove the "manufacturer:" line from the nre products page.

What I did was go to catalog/products_new.php and found this line

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $products_new['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new['manufacturers_name'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?>

It was line 104 for me.

I just removed the reference to the manufacturer and a <br>

<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new['manufacturers_name'] . '

so it now looks like

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $products_new['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?>

Hope that helps.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived