• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Yet Another Lingerie Site

Spots

Lingerie

Yes yes i know its another lingerie site. Please be brutally honest. What do you guys think of the pink? Does it hurt anyone's eyes?? Also i have a question. Is anyone familiar with DMOZ? Does anyone see a reason why my site shouldn't be included in that directory. I'm scared to list it because i heard if they don't accept you, you basically get blacklisted with google. Also any seo optimization tips warmly welcomed. Does anyone know how to get rid of session ids without the contributions? I tried to install some of them but they had missing files.

I used a bunch of contributions so if you want to know which ones i used please ask. I don't have an entire list but i think i can figure out which contrib did what.

Yes i've been keeping up with the recent treads and i see lots of lingerie sites. I think that this site should be able to compete. (i hope) Please let me know of any problems and again be brutally honest!!!

Thanks!! :D

Lingerie

Yes yes i know its another lingerie site.  Please be brutally honest.  What do you guys think of the pink? Does it hurt anyone's eyes??  Also i have a question.  Is anyone familiar with DMOZ?  Does anyone see a reason why my site shouldn't be included in that directory.  I'm scared to list it because i heard if they don't accept you, you basically get blacklisted with google.  Also any seo optimization tips warmly welcomed.  Does anyone know how to get rid of session ids without the contributions?  I tried to install some of them but they had missing files. 

I used a bunch of contributions so if you want to know which ones i used please ask.  I don't have an entire list but i think i can figure out which contrib did what. 

Yes i've been keeping up with the recent treads and i see lots of lingerie sites.  I think that this site should be able to compete.  (i hope)  Please let me know of any problems and again be brutally honest!!!

To start with I got a security warning popup regarding your certificate...site not valid or trusted. If you are gonna sell Mate....need to get your ssl done right!

Life should be completed with you skidding in sideways

all worn out screaming "Holy Crap..What A Ride"

www.studio143vr.com

Yah that has to do with my hosting site. When i log into their hosting site, i get the same warning...Is there anything else wrong?

I also started trading links. Is that not a wise move? Before all of my products are added in.

As a former DMOZ editor, there are two things I can see that would stop you getting listed.

1) that security warning.

2) Many categories with no products

On the other hand do make sure that you fix your site properly before applying to them. They try and add value to the directory. Don't even in jest think of yourselves as just another lingerie site :-). If they just see yet another lingerie site they may not bother to include you.

Btw, why is everyone setting up lingerie sites anyway? Is it just that they like looking at the pictures when they set them up or is there some real money to be made still? I suppose the margins are quite good and the postage is cheap.

Btw, why is everyone setting up lingerie sites anyway? Is it just that they like looking at the pictures when they set them up or is there some real money to be made still? I suppose the margins are quite good and the postage is cheap

Haha i don't really know for sure. I know that the wholesalers and dropshippers out there are numerous and the margin of profit definately shows potential. Thanks radders for your reply. You helped a lot knowing that you were an editor. I will get all that done before i apply for dmoz

-Afterdark

Pretty plain for a lingerie site bud.

Have any suggestions? :P

Lingerie

Yes yes i know its another lingerie site.? Please be brutally honest.? What do you guys think of the pink? Does it hurt anyone's eyes??? Also i have a question.? Is anyone familiar with DMOZ?? Does anyone see a reason why my site shouldn't be included in that directory.? I'm scared to list it because i heard if they don't accept you, you basically get blacklisted with google.? Also any seo optimization tips warmly welcomed.? Does anyone know how to get rid of session ids without the contributions?? I tried to install some of them but they had missing files.?

I used a bunch of contributions so if you want to know which ones i used please ask.? I don't have an entire list but i think i can figure out which contrib did what.?

Yes i've been keeping up with the recent treads and i see lots of lingerie sites.? I think that this site should be able to compete.? (i hope)? Please let me know of any problems and again be brutally honest!!!

Hi Grace - fellow lingerie seller :D

I had a quick look and these are my first thoughts

The site is a bit plain for a lingerie site - which at the end of the day must be a glamour product or you might as well go down to your 7 11 and pick up a pair of niftys for 2 bucks right ? :D

What is plain - let me explain

Logo at top is uninteresting - get a pro image - it is worth much more than it costs

Your Pink is a washed out pink - make it more challenging to the eye

you still have stock osC buttons - not good - customise them in a theme that maintains visual interest

Your images look over-optimised - presumably to load quicker - but now some of them look grainy and lack a visual focus

The images are different sizes - you are not using a thumbnailer - hence the detail of the product listing pages looks out of balance - Peoples perception of where to do business is heavly linked to their sub conscious perception of quality detail - if the site looks tacky - they will walk - remember you will not necessarily get credit for quality details - but you will be crucified for bad detail

On this question of attention to detail - your wholesale page needs proofreading - many spelling errors and grammatical errors in there - get or pay someone to proofread such things - I was actually interested in the dropship service but the errors put me off slightly :huh:

You have several empty categories - looks like a half finished store - why advertise an empty category ? If this is short term - then it makes no difference to you whether it's up there or not - if it's long term then all the more reason not to advertise it

I also got the ssl cert error - and people are right you will frighten potential customers with this - fix it as a priority

Finally my pet topic - make your site user friendly with a table size such that people on 800 x 640 screen resolution DONT have to scroll left and right as well as up and down.

You have much to commend here - it's just the detail you need to work on - as indedd we all do..

hth

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Suggestions....

Well - i didnt bother to look to far into your site becuase i found it boring... but... if i was a samrt person selling lingerie I would know quite well who i inteneded to target as my primary audience and I would try and cater a look to them...

For example these folks are going after a younger market and did something to suit that:

www.prettyinpink.com.au

Now at the other end of the spectrum this fella is selling a much harder version of "lingerie" as well as toys, and has catered to that audience:

www.sextoymania.co.uk

My suggestion would be look at who you want buying and make it appealing to them. If its women - design to it. If its men - design to it.

Wow, Simplyeasier-what a great and unexpected response. I will work on all of these things and get back to you. And actually, the wholesale page i was going to change to fit the oscommerce format. Actually updating the pricelist as we speak :D So excited that i have something to work on now. My own personal little check list. Just curious. Do you know how to change the table size so that people with your resolutions don't have to scroll? I'm afraid i don't know what i did to change this. Thanks!

Wow, Simplyeasier-what a great and unexpected response. I will work on all of these things and get back to you.  And actually, the wholesale page i was going to change to fit the oscommerce format. Actually updating the pricelist as we speak  :D  So excited that i have something to work on now.  My own personal little check list.  Just curious.  Do you know how to change the table size so that people with your resolutions don't have to scroll?  I'm afraid i don't know what i did to change this.  Thanks!

Read the kb on how to change the width of your store - it is not difficult - you just have to change many files (in the catalog directory mostly if I remember correctly.)

For thumbnailing you need to use a contribution such as' On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library by Nate Welch (v1.5) - I forget the contribution URL - but search for this and you will find it - I like this because of it's sheer simplicity - very few changes to make

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived