New task for order editor

poddan1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

this is a very helpful contribution, but our main problem isn`t still solved:

If we change the ordered products with order_edit and if we have more than one TAX-rate (by example 7% for food and 16% for electronics in Germany), both TAX-rates will be set to the same value - that?s really bad.

I hope, that someone can solve this problem???

Many greetings, REK

This module still needs the possibility to adjust or just remove the shipping cost in admin.

I have just installed order editor 1.61 and I can change the shipping costs ?! Removing is not possible but changing it seems no problem. When you need to adjust for free shipping put 0.00 instead of 0 (otherwise shipping is indeed calculated for zero but shown as the previous shipping cost). The other changes are reflected correctly although at first the calculation was wrong. Looking at the edit_order.php though showed there were some hard codes tax calculation on top which screwed up the calculation. After I just set them all to 0.0 everything was fine (for me tax is all included so I use no VAT but it might correct it for that also).

Hello,

The Order editor 1.61 is a great contribution in my eyes. Unfortunately, it looks like the tax calculation bug wenn adding new products to an old order still persists.

If some examples of the bug are required, I will be happy to provide them.

Best regards,

Michael

I have just installed order editor 1.61 and I can change the shipping costs ?! Removing is not possible but changing it seems no problem. When you need to adjust for free shipping put 0.00 instead of 0 (otherwise shipping is indeed calculated for zero but shown as the previous shipping cost). The other changes are reflected correctly although at first the calculation was wrong. Looking at the edit_order.php though showed there were some hard codes tax calculation on top which screwed up the calculation. After I just set them all to 0.0 everything was fine (for me tax is all included so I use no VAT but it might correct it for that also).

I dont agree.

Look at this

Totalt exkl shipping: 1.976kr

Shipping cost Fraktkostnad (Billigaste alternativ): 135

25 %Total vat incl : 422kr

Total sum : 2111

everything looks allright here ,even the vat for the shipping is included.

---------------

But if you change the shipping to 100 kr

The vat is wrong with 3 kr

look at this

Shipping cost Fraktkostnad (Billigaste alternativ): 100

25 %Total vat incl : 412kr

Total sum : 2076 2076 X 0,2 = 415,2 kr not 412 kr

--------------

Change the shipping to 0.00 kr

And it will calulate everything right again.

Can anyone else try this example ?

I dont agree.

Look at this

Shipping cost        Fraktkostnad (Billigaste alternativ): 135

25 %Total vat incl  : 422kr

Total sum : 2111

everything looks allright here ,even the vat for the shipping is included.

---------------

But if you change the shipping to  100 kr

The vat is wrong with 3 kr

look at this

Shipping cost        Fraktkostnad (Billigaste alternativ): 100

25 %Total vat incl  : 412kr

Total sum : 2076          2076 X 0,2 = 415,2 kr  not 412 kr

--------------

Change the shipping to 0.00 kr

And it will calulate everything right again.

Can anyone else try this example ?

OK.. In sweden the tax is 25 % I had to change it to 25 % as you wrote

OK.. In sweden the tax is 25 %  I had to change it to 25 % as you wrote

@poddan1:

So it is okay now for you too ? I specifically wrote it worked in my situation where I have no VAT and that I didn't know if it would work with some using VAT.

I saw later in the contribution thread a posting about solving the tax problem which is what I did also (admin/edit_order.php):

// START CONFIGURATION ################################

// Optional Tax Rates, e.g. shipping tax of 17.5% is "17.5"
//  $AddCustomTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
//  $AddShippingTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
//  $AddLevelDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
//  $AddCustomerDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_customer_discount"
 $AddCustomTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
 $AddShippingTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
 $AddLevelDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
 $AddCustomerDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_customer_discount"

// END OF CONFIGURATION ################################

I saw later in the contribution thread a posting about solving the tax problem which is what I did also (admin/edit_order.php):

// Optional Tax Rates, e.g. shipping tax of 17.5% is "17.5"
//  $AddCustomTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
//  $AddShippingTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
//  $AddLevelDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
//  $AddCustomerDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_customer_discount"
 $AddCustomTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
 $AddShippingTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
 $AddLevelDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
 $AddCustomerDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_customer_discount"

Thanks for pointing this out. Those default tax rates were screwing up calculations on my orders even with no taxes applied. >_<

Cheers to Michel Haase for his fix too.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

@poddan1:

So it is okay now for you too ? I specifically wrote it worked in my situation where I have no VAT and that I didn't know if it would work with some using VAT.

?// Optional Tax Rates, e.g. shipping tax of 17.5% is "17.5"
// ?$AddCustomTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
// ?$AddShippingTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
// ?$AddLevelDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
// ?$AddCustomerDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_customer_discount"
?$AddCustomTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
?$AddShippingTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
?$AddLevelDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
?$AddCustomerDiscountTax = "0.0"; // class "ot_customer_discount"

Yes I think it work now.

And yes in sweden we have 25 % tax

We also have 6 % on books ect and I havent test it yet.

But I dont think it will work cause i?ve specified 25 in the file.

Found the reason at least, seems some twat has forked the development of this and now the latest update with the "edit Unit Price" funtionality is for CRE only.

A true programmer would never fork development in this way, this is ignorant and annoying to say the very least and its one of the greatest sins in development. If I were the original author of this excellent contribution I would be seething (in fact I am seething at the moment)

The larger scope of this could see OSC forking into different routes, if you think you can do better than the OSC team...get involved with the base project, don't go off on your own!

End rant

Yeah, the CRELoaded forks have caused a lot of confusion. More ranting on the same subject in the main support thread.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=54032&st=320

At least the latest forked version is labeled clearly ("Order Editor Update for CreLoaded version 6.1a")--unlike the Oct. 30 2004 version.... *#!*&$#

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Everthing seems to work fine for me. But I get an warning at the admin pages :

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/filenames.php:1) in /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

--

The modifcation on filenames.php was not that advanced. I have checked it twice and all I dit was to ad:

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT', 'edit_orders.php');

Under orders.php row.

Can anyone tell me could be wrong.

BTW, this is one of the most usefull contribs for me. Thank you!!

now I get more Warnings...

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/filenames.php:1) in /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/filenames.php:1) in /home/babyb/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I am just a little confused. What is the latest version?

I download the 5 Jan 2005 - Order Editor 1.6a and thought I'd ask if there is a newer version with some bug fixes. Everything seems to work fine, but I haven't had the chance to test as everyone else has.

Thanks for any help I can get... Great add-on!!!

Kelly

We use Order Editor a lot (great contribution), but we also use Margin Report and the two don?t seem to be totally compatible. Amendments made to products and costs with Order Editor, do not seem to be reflected in Margin Report.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Charterhouse

I'm using version 1.59 (authorize.net as our processor) and I'm wondering how (if?) charges get updated. When applying a discount adjustment to an order how does the customer's card get updated? I can't see to find any discussion of this.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

I've installed the latest version, and there must be something wrong with the calculation of the total.

If I have 2 times, and delete one, the total will not be calculated. It just display as I never removed an item.

Anyone else who have the same problem?

I'm hoping maybe someone can help. For some reason when I try to add a product, I select the first catagory, it works, then the 2nd, it works. But when I get to the third catagory to select(or if there are no more catagories and I have to select a product) it is blank and there is nothing to select. Also if I try to select a first catagory with only products in it and no other catagories. The attributes of the product will show up blank. I hope this makes sence. Anyone have any idea's what is wrong? Thanks -Dustin

Hello, there is one bug else exists. When some speciall prices is marked as disabled, there still takign into account when you adding products at order.

For Example:

1. Product: NNN1 price is 500

When you add this product - cost will be 500

2. Product: NNN2 price is 550 - speciall price is 370 (enabled)

When you add this product - cost will be 370

3. Product: NNN3 price is 400 - speciall price is 380, but disabled

When you add this product - cost will be 380 - the bug!!!

Can anyone help?

Greeting from the elves!

My Contributions

:'( There seems to be something wrong with my install of Order Edit. When I add additional items or quantities, and click 'Update', the total price is double what it should be.

Everything works fine to the point of clicking 'Update'......

Any help would be appreciated.