products_url varchar(255) default NULL,

products_viewed int(5) default '0',

products_head_title_tag varchar(64) default NULL,

products_head_desc_tag blob,

products_head_keywords_tag blob,

PRIMARY KEY (products_id,language_id),

KEY products_name (products_name)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

How can i insert information into this through admin ?

I've click on add product but I dont' see the two fields i added above.

also, how do i make them apear under product_info. php ?

Thanks.

Lucilue,

All you have done is add the fields to the database. That's a good start.

Next, you will need to edit admin/categories.php. The easiest way is to use Product Description as your template. Search for products_description in the code. If the code reads/deletes/modifies it, you do the same for products_itinerary and products_tour_includes. Also search for Product Description. Wherever the code displays a label or textbox for it, you do the same for your 2 fields.

Simply do the same in product_info.php. Look for Product Description and product_description in the code. Mimic whatever it does with your 2 fields.

Good luck,

Ed

• 1 month later...
Lucilue,

All you have done is add the fields to the database.  That's a good start.

Next, you will need to edit admin/categories.php.  The easiest way is to use Product Description as your template.  Search for products_description in the code.  If the code reads/deletes/modifies it, you do the same for products_itinerary and products_tour_includes.  Also search for Product Description.  Wherever the code displays a label or textbox for it, you do the same for your 2 fields.

Simply do the same in product_info.php.  Look for Product Description and product_description in the code.  Mimic whatever it does with your 2 fields.

Good luck,

Ed

I tried that and the fields show up. However, when i insert into the database, and then when i go back to edit the same product , it doesn' show up.

Can you please advise..?

Lucilue,

Start looking at the SQl statements in the file. Look for insert, update, and select. If they reference the product description, then you need to do something similar.

ed

Lucilue,

Start looking at the SQl statements in the file.  Look for insert, update, and select.  If they reference the product description, then you need to do something similar.

ed

Thanks that worked. My problem was that the field i choose to mimick was being displayed under the preview and for whatever reason that wasn't working.. so i choose a different field to copy and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.

Archived