• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Web Log Analyzer

Hi I need to find a web log analyser that can tell me which search engines and phrases found which pages and products. Most of the ones that I look at give only the refferer url for a page. Plus also they lose all of the information regarding which products, categories were found. I will only get general info for /product_info.php not the whole /product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=59 sort of thing. Looking for something like Mach5 that can be just installed on my computer and read my downloaded log files. If anyone knows of something I would appreciate it a lot.

Cheers Mike

Hi thanks, doesn?t quite look like what I am after I have that kind of thing already installed on my server. Been having a play with "web log storming" and it can show a fair bit of info, what pages/products where the entry point to my site and the referral url which I guess does give me the search engine and keywords, just not in a very convenient manner. It does also allow me to track certain pages such as "checkout_success.php" and show me the user?s session for that sale and the referring website. This is a little fiddly and I don?t think completely accurate.

If anyone knows of software that can do this better or easier to use I would be very interested.

Hi thanks, doesn?t quite look like what I am after I have that kind of thing already installed on my server. Been having a play with "web log storming" and it can show a fair bit of info, what pages/products where the entry point to my site and the referral url which I guess does give me the search engine and keywords, just not in a very convenient manner. It does also allow me to track certain pages such as "checkout_success.php" and show me the user?s session for that sale and the referring website. This is a little fiddly and I don?t think completely accurate.

If anyone knows of software that can do this better or easier to use I would be very interested.

I've recently set up WebTrends 7 Enterprise on a series of stores. While a major pita to setup, it does give you some great reports.

Hi I need to find a web log analyser that can tell me which search engines and phrases found which pages and products. Most of the ones that I look at  give only the refferer url for a page. Plus also they lose all of the information regarding which products, categories were found. I will only get general info for /product_info.php not the whole /product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=59 sort of thing. Looking for something like Mach5 that can be just installed on my computer and read my downloaded log files. If anyone knows of something I would appreciate it a lot.

Cheers Mike

You could install a visitors stats module.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,visitors+v1.7b

With this contibution you can view and analyse your page hit from you admin in visitors stats.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Click Tracks seems to give the most detailed information that I have found. And it has an easy to read graphical interface. It will set you back a few $$$ though.

Hi, thanks I will give some of those ago. I am trialing one at the moment which seems pretty good, "Deep Log Analyzer". It stores all the data from the logs into an access database, then all it reports are just sql queries. There are some pretty good reports built in and you can also build your own custom ones based on these or from scratch. So you can get whatever data you like out of it. It has a nice interface and stuff too.

Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, thanks I will give some of those ago. I am trialing one at the moment which seems pretty good, "Deep Log Analyzer". It stores all the data from the logs into an access database, then all it reports are just sql queries. There are some pretty good reports built in and you can also build your own custom ones based on these or from scratch. So you can get whatever data you like out of it. It has a nice interface and stuff too.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

Try http://www.nihuo.com/

I used this for a while before going back to my stats apps on the server - I found I was becoming too ANALytic (am i allowed to say that :D ) with my stats. I only really want to know where did they come from, how did they find me, what stopped them from achieving success on my site. Nihuo - gives you that and more.

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Archived