• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT

Evenstar

I have just uploaded the contrib for purchase without account and all is fine until when on my site if you click on my header or catalog you get page not found and if you click top or put the url in it just shows all my files instead of going to the home/index page. I can't think of anything I uploaded from the contrib thats done this.

I have backed up (Learnt my lesson in the past) but the contrib is exactly what I'm after.

Any help on resolving this?

Thanks

I have just uploaded the contrib for purchase without account and all is fine until when on my site if you click on my header or catalog you get page not found and if you click top or put the url in it just shows all my files instead of going to the home/index page. I can't think of anything I uploaded from the contrib thats done this.

I have backed up (Learnt my lesson in the past) but the contrib is exactly what I'm after.

Any help on resolving this?

Thanks

Well, if its showing a list of files, take a good, hard look at your index.php file, to make sure it still exists, and has readable permissions.

This will get you started, anyway.

LinuxDave

Usually happens if the host is not configured to work with PHP properly, e.g. doesn't support PHP or isn't configured to look for index.php the same way as index.htm, index.html, home.htm and home.html etc.

I just checked and it does. so don't know what the problem is. Also if you click on any of the categories from the left box they direct to the index.php and get page not found. You can click on anything else and its fine.

try going back to a backup that you havent installed the contrib too and see if that helps, and if that solves your problems don?t use the contrib again or try installing it iagain.

If you haven?t backed up your data..... Well.... run a new install of Osc 2.2 and this time BACK UP b4 editing :blush:

If you get page not found then it is not finding index.php. did you change index.php as part of that contribution. I know I installed it and it works but that was ages ago.

I don't know what you mean by backup but all I ever do when I install a contribution is make copies of the files to be changed or replaced so I can quickly change things back and try again. Do you have an old index.php?

Not sure whom your host is, but if it has vdeck or some sort of remote manager, there is a section that lets you enable / disable "Listing of directory contents".

Check your host setup if you have a hosting provider and look in the settings.

Archived