• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The right search engine contribution...

akkinmore

Hi

I am thinking of adding search engine friendly contributiion to my site to replace the default osC setting. As there are quite a few contributions related to this topic and I would very much appreciate that someone can let me know which one is the right one for me.

Here are my conditions:

1. My site is hosted in ISP using Read Hat Linux.

2. I need a simple to use easy to install contribution.

3. Reflect product names on the URL.

4. Hopefully not to consume too much server resourches.

Anyone likes to comment... Thank you for your time. :)

Then if you mean to change from dynamic to static, don't waste your time. The dynamic urls index fine. There are some contributions that will allow you to edit the the line so that it displays the product name instead of the number I think but I can't recall their names. If that is what you want, then do a search for changing cpath or something like that. Try searching for posts by Chemo. I think he did them.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

As Jack said, having SEO URLs is not a primary concern for search engine optimization. Get the basics out of the way first like good meta and page content, themed link campaign, directory submissions, etc.

The only advantage to installing SEO URLs now is so that later you will not have to 301 redirect the old URLs to the new ones. Other than that the default URLs index just fine...having the keywords there might add value or might not. Remember, page content and linking trump SEO URLs ! ! !

Bobby

As Jack said, having SEO URLs is not a primary concern for search engine optimization.  Get the basics out of the way first like good meta and page content, themed link campaign, directory submissions, etc.

The only advantage to installing SEO URLs now is so that later you will not have to 301 redirect the old URLs to the new ones.  Other than that the default URLs index just fine...having the keywords there might add value or might not.  Remember, page content and linking trump SEO URLs ! ! !

Bobby

Hi Chemo,

Yes I have done most that you mentioned. Now I need to have a link that consists product names or categories. Also to solve 301 redirect. My problem is my site is hosted in ISP and I need a contributions that modifications can be done within my web site and not to meddle with the server.