• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Second Store

If I want to set up a second store and even a third, can I just copy the files from store # 1 so i dont have to spend the many hours tweaking the files? I tried doing this but everything references the url for store # 1. Is there an easy solution?

Thanks.

Joe

PS: Each store will have its own domain and Sql database.

Copy all the files, change /catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to match up the new / correct file paths, and I would image that would get you started (in theory). This should keep all settings intact. I recently did a move from /root/catalog to /root and thats all I had to do. Good luck!

Jeff

Copy all the files, change /catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to match up the new / correct file paths, and I would image that would get you started (in theory).  This should keep all settings intact.  I recently did a move from /root/catalog to /root and thats all I had to do.  Good luck!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I found that I also have to change the lanuguage/englis.php as well.

Dreamweaver worked well in doing a find and replace. So I can find page titles, web address etc in the first store and simply plug in the data for the second store and it changes the files and tells me what files i need to upload. Worked like a dream. Thanks again.

Joe

does that cover the database too?

also to add to this question, can you have two stores working of the same database as in having two demos and just one database?

Kim, This is possible because I never changed the path to the db on store one. And when I went to delete the categories that did not exist on store two, i realized I deleted them from store one. So they were both working off of one database. This happened by accident but its a good idea. Thank god for back ups and the fact that I actually did one yesterday.

Joe

Archived