• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emails send to Customer but not store owner

tags26

I'm running osCommerce on Win server and everything is working fine except for the email.

I have the smtp configured correctly because all of my customers receive emails when they sign up, and also when they place an order. Also I can manually send a specific customer an email through the admin and that sends fine too.

The problem lies in when the order is placed by the customer. The customoer receives the email confirmation but the 'store owner' does not. And, i also tried using the "send extra order emails to" feature with various other email addresses and those addresses in those fields never receive the email confirmation. i don't get any errors or anything like that..it just never arrives.

It should be noted I am running the Admin with access levels addon from Zaenal Muttaqin. This installed fine and is working perfectly. So i dont know if it's this or not.

Any ideas anyone?? Thank you.

Ok, i just installed a fresh copy of 2.2 w/ no addons and the automatic email when an order is generated is NOT sent to the owner or anyone in the "send extra orders to" field. Those emails all work if it is sent manually...is anyone else having this problem? Is it a php.ini setting? It can't be b/c i can send email manually to any of my customers at any domain. I'm really lost here and there doesn't seem to be much info on this problem around here.

I'm running osCommerce on Win server and everything is working fine except for the email. 

I have the smtp configured correctly because all of my customers receive emails when they sign up, and also when they place an order.  Also I can manually send a specific customer an email through the admin and that sends fine too.

The problem lies in when the order is placed by the customer.  The customoer receives the email confirmation but the 'store owner' does not.  And, i also tried using the "send extra order emails to" feature with various other email addresses and those addresses in those fields never receive the email confirmation.  i don't get any errors or anything like that..it just never arrives. 

It should be noted I am running the Admin with access levels addon from Zaenal Muttaqin.  This installed fine and is working perfectly.  So i dont know if it's this or not.

Any ideas anyone??  Thank you.

Thanks Vger...that did it. my crappy windows os doesn't like the <[email protected]>. I got rid of the brackets like you said and it worked just fine. I'm surprised something as simple as this isn't in any documentation. Thanks again.

-Rob

The e-mail address you use in the 'Send extra order e-mails to' function must be based on your domain e.g. [email protected]

Also ignore the setting Sales<[email protected]> (doesn't work with some servers - esp.Windoze) and just enter [email protected]

Vger

Oh and by the way, in the send extra orders emails to' box i used an email outside of my domain and it worked....i used a hotmail account to test, meanwhile my domain is different obviously. FYI...

The e-mail address you use in the 'Send extra order e-mails to' function must be based on your domain e.g. [email protected]

Also ignore the setting Sales<[email protected]> (doesn't work with some servers - esp.Windoze) and just enter [email protected]

Vger

• 3 months later...

Vger

I am having the same error however mine gives the following when i try to modify my email on the admin section

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /hsphere/local/home/gameepid/gameepidemic.com/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

"

Any Ideas, Thankyou so much , last thing to solve before i go live

J

Archived