• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Get osComerce out of demo mode?

packt

I've all setting personallized in osCommerce. It's successfully installed on my server and running fine (no errors). But i can't seem to get it out of it's default demo mode. and i can't figure out how to change this. can anyone offer some advice?

I've added products, payment modules, etc...

thanks

Al

ok well i guess i'm just confused. this is what it shows me:

"This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional."

does this mean that there is still some sort of setup feature that i have not completed?

thanks

Al

You'll have to delete, update, insert your products + customising the appearance of your store.

It would be nice to have a button in the Admin section to remove all product examples though. :)

ok well i guess i'm just confused.  this is what it shows me:

"This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional."

does this mean that there is still some sort of setup feature that i have not completed?

thanks

Al

If you are wanting to know how to change the text if you read #2 it tells you what file to edit. Do not however use the file manager in the osC admin to edit your files as it is buggy and will screw up your store. Edit your files locally and ftp them back to your server.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi ray,

It seems like you know about custumizing the fresh install. I can't figure out the Administrator tool thing, what is it? a software, something within the installation ?

Can you give me a hand where to find the info to customize the fresh installation, the documentation says to use the admin tool,, but don't know where to get it!!

Thanks

DON'T USE THE ADMIN TOOL! It adds extra characters to files, so don't use it!

If you do your site will get screwed up and start popping off errors, almost guaranteed! Download the files you want to change, make the changes (saving an original copy in case they don't work) then reload the updated file to your site and test it. The admin tool in general is loacated at blah.yourdomain.blah/admin or blah.yourdomain.blah/catalog/admin depending upon how you did your install.

You will need to do some reading if you want your modifications to be successful. Look at the documentation, there's a link up by the oscommerce logo at the top of the page you're looking at right now. There is also a knowlege base, do a search on this forum, and have a look at it (search for +knowlege +base ). If you have questions, and you should have plenty, chances are someone else has already asked it, use the search function on this forum, read the advanced search help to make sure you are searching as effectively as you can too!

Good Luck,

Jeremy

Archived