• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcatagories Table

bad_lemming

Hi, I have been racking my brain, and that has done no good, so I thought I would ask you guys.

I am trying to get rid of the little table that is created when you click on a link to a catagory that has subcatagories.

i.e.: If I click on hardware, in the main content area of my site, a table is created with all of the catagory images of subcatagories that lie beneath that catagory. (In the stock build this would be all clipart type images).

I would like to get rid of this altogether.

I would imagine this involves changing a few of the PHP files.

Only problem is I am not sure which one. If it was an infobox on a column that would be easy enough to take out, but I am a bit lost with this one.

Would it be in Index.php? Is there an include statement somewhere? If I can get help making this happen I will probably create a contribution.

Thanks in advance for any of you guys that take pity on me :)

Hello, i had this in my shop and wanted it back to normal again hehehe.

I have done it myself in the past, but couldn't find it anymore, due to all the mods i have been adding.

However, what i do know, is that you have to do it in the index.php file!

(hope this helps a bit)

Thank you so much for the response, this is a good clue, I will definately be looking through the index.php.

Do you remember if that is the only place that you have to make changes? If so, I think I might be able to get it done.

Of course, any additional help anyone may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

I will report back if I have success. Thanks again.

In file index.php, find a code snippet similar to this:

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

the following line benith should be:

echo '                <td align="center" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

Now remove everything between the echo command:echo 'REMOVE_THIS_CODE'

Eg. (removed):

<td align="center" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n"

Archived