• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Issue

Hugo RSF

This a really great contrib.

Has anyone added more than 9 pages? I have manged to tweak the php to show (in admin) more than 9 page types but when I create a page and choose a page type over 9 it doesn't show in the box, the box shows only 8 lines. I must add 5 links more, can anyone help? Thanks :blink:

This a really great contrib.

Has anyone added more than 9 pages? I have manged to tweak the php to show (in admin) more than 9 page types but when I create a page and choose a page type over 9 it doesn't show in the box, the box shows only 8 lines. I must add 5 links more, can anyone help? Thanks :blink:

Never mind, I managed. I just went to MyPhp, selected the database of the cart, dropped 'page type' from the table 'pages' and then executed (in sql):

ALTER TABLE pages ADD `page_type` int(2) default NULL;

INSERT INTO `pages` (`page_type`) VALUES ('1'),

('2');

The links show up now in any quantity I want. I also changed some code in catalog/admin/extra_info_pages.php and

I found:

---------------------------------

if ($action == 'insert') {

if($page_type == "1" || $page_type == "2" || $page_type == "3" || $page_type == "4" || $page_type == "5" || $page_type == "6" || $page_type == "7" || $page_type == "8" || $page_type == "9") {

-----------------------------------

and changed for

if($page_type == "1" || $page_type == "2" || $page_type == "3" || $page_type == "4" || $page_type == "5" || $page_type == "6" || $page_type == "7" || $page_type == "8" || $page_type == "9"|| $page_type == "10" || $page_type == "11" || $page_type == "12" || $page_type == "13" || $page_type == "14" ) {

--------------------------------------

You can add as many as you want as "$page_type == "xx"

Also found

if ($action == 'update') {

if($page_type == "1" || $page_type == "2" || $page_type == "3" || $page_type == "4" || $page_type == "5" || $page_type == "6" || $page_type == "7" || $page_type == "8" || $page_type == "9") {

and changed for

if($page_type == "1" || $page_type == "2" || $page_type == "3" || $page_type == "4" || $page_type == "5" || $page_type == "6" || $page_type == "7" || $page_type == "8" || $page_type == "9"|| $page_type == "10" || $page_type == "11" || $page_type == "12" || $page_type == "13" || $page_type == "14" ) {

and

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<option value="9" <? if($page_type == 9) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>9 - Old Page</option>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And changed it for

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<option value="9" <? if($page_type == 9) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>9 - Links</option>

<option value="10" <? if($page_type == 10) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>10 - Links</option>

<option value="11" <? if($page_type == 11) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>11 - Links</option>

<option value="12" <? if($page_type == 12) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>12 - Links</option>

<option value="13" <? if($page_type == 13) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>13 - Links</option>

<option value="14" <? if($page_type == 14) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>14 - Old Page</option>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can add as many page types as you want.

I thought to add it to the contribution as an update but I am not that good at codes so just in case I made a mistake, I didn't add it as an update. If any of you more experienced guys see that all is fine, please add it as an update because many people is trying to get this contrib working with more than 9 pages. I have tried it only with external linked pages and it works, I don't know with internal pages.

Never mind, I managed. I just went to MyPhp, selected the database of the cart, dropped 'page type' from the table 'pages' and then executed (in sql):

ALTER TABLE pages ADD `page_type` int(2) default NULL;

INSERT INTO `pages` (`page_type`) VALUES ('1'),

('2');

The links show up now in any quantity I want. I also changed some code in catalog/admin/extra_info_pages.php and

I found:

and changed for

You can add as many as you want as "$page_type == "xx"

Also found

and changed for

and

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<option value="9" <? if($page_type == 9) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>9 - Old Page</option>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And changed it for

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<option value="9" <? if($page_type == 9) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>9 - Links</option>

<option value="10" <? if($page_type == 10) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>10 - Links</option>

<option value="11" <? if($page_type == 11) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>11 - Links</option>

<option value="12" <? if($page_type == 12) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>12 - Links</option>

<option value="13" <? if($page_type == 13) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>13 - Links</option>

<option value="14" <? if($page_type == 14) { echo 'selected="selected"'; } ?>>14 - Old Page</option>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can add as many page types as you want.

I thought to add it to the contribution as an update but I am not that good at codes so just in case I made a mistake, I didn't add it as an update. If any of you more experienced guys see that all is fine, please add it as an update because many people is trying to get this contrib working with more than 9 pages. I have tried it only with external linked pages and it works, I don't know with internal pages.

Go ahead and add it. No one ever worries if the updates have errors.

This is a great contribution. I feel like it could do with a major improvement though. A lot of these extra pages contain content that is used to build up Page Rank and the URLs generated by this are not very SEO friendly. I was thinking it would be good to try to modify this contrib so that the pagename was used as the URL. Does anyone with a better understanding of the architecture of this contribution think that will be a tough thing to accomplish?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a wee bit of trouble with this contrib. it installed fine, but on the new contact now page I have lost the name, email, message fields that were on the original contact page. did I muck up somewhere or is there something else I have to do to get them up?

• 2 weeks later...

Index page for English pages...This text can be changed from the admin section...

the problem: this text displays on the main page of the cart

"Index page for English pages...This text can be changed from the admin section..."

this is displaying on the main page of my site and I can not change it???

it CANNOT be changed form the "Index page for English pages"

also the text: "Index page for English pages...This text can be changed from the admin section..." this verbaige does not exist in the english index.php page

The Solution is here: The problem is coming form the installation of: Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1

(and possibly other versions of the mod.. I cant call that since this is the one I installed)

in the install instructions at approx line 125

it says

in catalog/index.php

AFTER

require('includes/application_top.php');

ADD

#################

$page_query = tep_db_query("select

p.pages_id,

p.sort_order,

p.status,

s.pages_title,

s.pages_html_text

from

" . TABLE_PAGES . " p LEFT JOIN " .TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION . " s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id

where

p.status = 1

and

s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'

and

p.page_type = 1");

$page_check = tep_db_fetch_array($page_query);

$pagetext=stripslashes($page_check[pages_html_text]);

#####################

same file

REPLACE

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

WITH

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>

the problem is specifically with the lines

same file

*******source of the problem********

REPLACE

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

WITH

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>[

*******source of the problem********

I have undone this edit and everything started working normally again

This mod also seems to be working fine without that specific line edit....

hi

i have just install this contribution and i have a problem

i have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a and i installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 sutikah1 18 Dec 2007

the error message i'm getting is:-

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in F:\wamp\www\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys

I have problem with the contribution

how can I raise the length of title in extra_page box?

I need to write 5-6 words in title, but it automatically converts to ??? symbols or subtracts the word.

also I have problem when I insert image it appears like it is on image below

thanks

see image for first problem http://gbn.ge/images/imagee.JPG

image for second problem http://gbn.ge/images/imagees.JPG

Edited by fxtrader777

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a and i installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1 sutikah1 18 Dec 2007

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in F:\wamp\www\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540

and in admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540 is

} else {

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed Extra pages-info box w/ admin 4.6.1 on Oscommerce 2.2rc2a

I am using apache 2.2.8 PHP 5.2.6

I get the following error when i try to access the page manager in Admin

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\catalog\admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 39

below is the line 39

$breadcrumb->add($page_check[pages_title], tep_href_link('info_pages.php?pages_id=' . $infopageid));

Hope someone can help.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

I intalled this contribution, and modified it to fit my template, however I'm stuck with this one problem which I know for most of you is very simple.... See the photo below, under the Informations section, I want the link to the Contact Us to be transparent, like the Information section below it. What line of code do I modify to get rid of that white highlight on the text??

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Angie

infobox.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I intalled this contribution, and modified it to fit my template, however I'm stuck with this one problem which I know for most of you is very simple.... See the photo below, under the Informations section, I want the link to the Contact Us to be transparent, like the Information section below it. What line of code do I modify to get rid of that white highlight on the text??

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Angie

I found it, it was embedded in a table in the includes/boxes/extra_info_pages.php file... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

hi all...

i use persian version of oscommerce!

how to install this mod??!

i am installing this mod and it work properly in user mode!but i can't edit and add page in admin panel!!(maybe because i use persian admin panel)

help me please...

thanx

Hello,

I`m trying to install the Contribution, but the SQL File caused an error:

Fehler

SQL-Befehl: 

CREATE TABLE `pages` (
`pages_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`sort_order` int( 3 ) default NULL ,
`status` int( 1 ) NOT NULL default '1',
`page_type` char( 1 ) default NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `pages_id` ) 
) TYPE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =4;

MySQL meldet:  
#1046 - No database selected

What does it mean?

I`m using MySQL 5.0

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
hi

and in admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540 is

} else {

thanks

I am receiving the same error. Did this ever get resolved? I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a and I installed Extra pages-info box w-admin 4.6.1. In admin I just get a blank page when I choose Extra Info Pages Manager.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

I have now successfully finished installation of this package. :)

The only existing problem is how to change the colour of the text/font in the boxes from white to another colour.

I have tried to use the /catalog/stylesheets/stylesheet.css without any result.

Do anyone here have any suggestions? :rolleyes:

//Per

Go ahead and add it. No one ever worries if the updates have errors.

I agree. This is a nice Mod but with the lack of useful page title and meaningless URL, it has a long way to go before it adds value to a site.

I am currently working on some code to make it more SEO friendly, however it is not finished yet.

If anyone else has something already please post up!

• 2 weeks later...