• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Issue

Hugo RSF

• 3 weeks later...

i am also getting this error in the admin control section

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_fckeditor() in /home/boutique/public_html/store/catalog/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 508

What is causing that? I went through the installation procedure and everything is applied exactly as instructed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Alaa

I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_fckeditor() in /usr/www/users/webassi/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 508

Please help

Same problem here.

Did you solve your problem and if so, how?

FCK is working nicely on product description.

HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.50 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.50 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.7

PHP Version: 4.3.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_fckeditor() in /home/celestia/public_html/catalog/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 508

I said already many times and also in the contribution pages that the version i uploaded is ONLY for people who uses the WYSIWYG fck editor that you can find in the other contribs

MS2

This is a great contribution, thank you, but I have the same problem a couple of other people have mentioned and on which there has been no response.

The installation file calls for a change in application_top.php

REPLACE

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

WITH

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>

I have no such line in application_top.php

Secondly, when I click on the new links in my new info box, I get a 404 error on the page, including the contact us page.

Are these two issues related?

Why are the links not able to access the actual pages?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

I said already many times and also in the contribution pages that the version i uploaded is ONLY for people who uses the WYSIWYG fck editor that you can find in the other contribs
I can hear you very loud and clear :D

The FCK editor i'm using (also in other set-ups) is the original download from the FCK-site: FCKeditor_2.2.zip

Anything wrong with that one in regard to your contribution?

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

The installation file calls for a change in application_top.php

I have no such line in application_top.php

Sorry, I'm going muggy with going through this over and over again. I meant to refer to index.php, not application_top.php.

Ok. I created a subdomain and did a clean install of the shop so that I could track down the <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>. I've now added this in the correct place in my store and now know that the two issues are entirely unrelated. - I still have dead links in my info box.

For anyone else with the problem of not being able to find the code <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?> in index.php, on a clean install it is around line 323. Other mods may have caused it to be removed, but in a clean install, the surrounding code is:

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

That may help you to find where it should be and insert the required

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>

where it should have been.

HOWEVER, if someone could please help me to figure out why none of my links in the new info box are working, I would be extremely grateful! I have a shop due to go live on Tuesday and this is the final thing that needs doing.

HOWEVER, if someone could please help me to figure out why none of my links in the new info box are working, I would be extremely grateful! I have a shop due to go live on Tuesday and this is the final thing that needs doing.

I have to admit to the ultimate stupidity.

After hours of scouring through everything I finally discovered that I had not uploaded (or even previously noticed!) catalog/extra_info_pages.php :blush:

I'm off to get some sleep!

Hi

Can someone please tell me how to have two of these infoboxes running on a site without conflicting with each other?

I saw someone else posted a while back that they had achieved this, but they never said how. I've been playing around with it all day, but having very little knowledge of php, I'm just not getting it.

Anyone please?

Ok

Everyone here is going to get sick of me, but something wierd is happening!

I decided to take a chance and just edited admin/extra_info_pages.php and added an additional 7 fields to the selection form. I decided to create the actual pages later and went to test in Admin whether these fields even showed.

Well, they did. I populated them, went to the actual store and there they were in my info box. I clicked on the links and there were the pages.

First: I had not created any pages, nor defined them anywhere, yet there they are with all the info I added using the text editor in Admin.

Second: With there being no pages, the code that is meant to be inserted and altered to reference the page type is obviously not on the (non-existent) pages, yet the pages are there and perfect when I click on them.

How is this possible??

Is there something I am missing that is going to come back to bite me later or does this contribution actually do this and not even need half of its own coding??

I would love to hear from someone who knows how this is meant to work. If it is that simple, it could help others to know that too. If it isn't, we could all land in a mess by thinking it does!

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...
I have been running $Id: page_manager.php,v 1.73 2003/06/29 22:50:51 hpdl Exp $ for more then a year and have over 40 pages running under 5 different page types (info boxes) and 6 to 8 External link types pages.

Yes, I agree this package is very limited if you can only use the admin section. But if you can edit and add records to the sql table and add some code to the php pages. It will allow the end user to modify and edit the pages with there browser.

B)

I'd love a little more information about this. How do you add new page types? and why isn't there an admin function that allows those of us that are NOT php programmers to do just that?

And can someone tell me why there is (evidently) a 9 page limit per page type anyway?

I love this contribution, but the documentation is way too thin -- I can't find anything about what Skipwater is talking about!

Here's what I understand so far:

It seems like each 'page type' is associated with the php file that will display the various "pages" entered with that 'page type' -- so index.php will display each of the up to 9 "pages" of 'page type' index.php -- and the text entered appears on index.php where ever the code was entered (instructions put the text above everything else).

Likewise, if I understand it correctly, contact_us.php displays the text of each of the up to 9 'pages' of 'page type' Contact Us

Is the above more or less correct?

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to add a new 'page type' in the admin -- it has to be done by hand.

And how or where the 'page type' name is kept, I can't see!

Can anyone clarify this?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

try this:

goto line 508 and replace

tep_draw_fckeditor

with

tep_draw_textarea_field

Instead of fck I use SPAW and these works very fine.

best regards

BUTTONFACTORY

i am also getting this error in the admin control section

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_fckeditor() in /home/boutique/public_html/store/catalog/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 508

What is causing that? I went through the installation procedure and everything is applied exactly as instructed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Alaa

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I dont have this line at my index.php

REPLACE

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

WITH

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>

Can u tell me what i must do that the cont. works?

Thanks for your support!

Greetings from germany

Frank

Hi!

I dont have this line at my index.php

REPLACE

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

WITH

<?php echo $pagetext; ?>

Can u tell me what i must do that the cont. works?

Thanks for your support!

Greetings from germany

Frank

Have you installed any other contribution that allows you to edit your index page from admin ? That would have changed that line of text.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have installed the 4.5 version and after a few errors/probs it seems to be OK apart from the text in the left column. Under my Information heading I have the standard shipping, privacy, contact us then under that I have BOX_HEADING_PAGES as a title then links and contact us.

How do I get rid of the BOX_HEADING_PAGES heading - I just want links under the main information heading.

Thanks

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

I have a concern about this contribution. I installed it on a site last week, then noticed that it places an information box below the one that I already have in place. IS there anyway to script this contribution so that the "extra pages" get placed into the already existing information box. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or give me a place to "get started"

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
*sigh* I have read through the various support threads for this contrib, but I still can't seem to get rid of the "error: page title required" messages.

I had this excellent contrib working on my old server. The difference with the new server is that the register_globals are turned off. So I am figuring that this is causing the errors. If so, does any one have an idea of how to work around that? I don't know enough about php to be able to work around it myself, so any help would be extremely appreciated.

Of course any other tip or hints are appreciated as well.

Wim

Guys, i have this figured it out. It's problem in register globals like you said.

I have on my server register globals off so this contribution does not work and i had always the same message "Error: Page title required". On server with register globals on this contribution works without any problems.

So i just added a line: php_value register_globals on to my .htaccess file and contribution works fine for me. Try this and let me know if this works for you.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Guys, i have this figured it out. It's problem in register globals like you said.

I have on my server register globals off so this contribution does not work and i had always the same message "Error: Page title required". On server with register globals on this contribution works without any problems.

So i just added a line: php_value register_globals on to my .htaccess file and contribution works fine for me. Try this and let me know if this works for you.

for security reasons i'm not allowed to turn register_globals on, is there a way to solve the "error: page title required."-Problem without turning register_globals on?

Not having the FCK editor, I've just the contrib till version .3

It works almost perfect... functionality is okay, but it wrecks the layout when I add

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'info_pages.php');

in the column_left.php

I think it's a td/tr/table tag somewhere but I can't figure it out...

Any help?

it doesn't finish properly in the parsed code I can not find the "info_pages_eof" comment, so it's cut off before that comment somewhere hmmmm

FOUND IT:

In column_left I added it below the information.php line

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'info_pages.php');

// STS: ADD
 $sts_block_name = 'informationbox';
 require(STS_RESTART_CAPTURE);
 // STS: EOADD

Then I had a double tr/td in the compiled file so I deleted them:

it was a double </tr></td> at the end of information.php and

another double <tr><td> at the begin of info_pages.php

Don't know whether this is a contrib error, or my own error >_<

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to solve the "error: page title required."-problem without turning register_globals on?

I also have this problem with the latest version of the contrib and FCKeditor. I tried adding register globals on to the .htaccess file, as suggested earlier, but this did not help. I believe my host does not allow this over-ride in .htaccess. Need to find out if my host will turn globals on, but certainly it would be nice if the contrib, like oscommerce itself, worked regardless of globals on or off.

Any suggestions of changes to the code for globals off would be appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to solve the "error: page title required."-problem without turning register_globals on?

I solved this on my setup. Adding register_globals=on to .htaccess in catalog/ did not work for me.

I solved this by looking at my php.ini in catalog/ and noticing that register globals was set to "on." But the file indicated that it must be in every folder to influence a page located in that folder. In other words, putting register_globals = on in php.ini in the root will only affect files located in the root.

So, I added my php.ini to catalog/admin (where extra_info_pages.php is located) and it now works fine.

look for or add this code in your php.ini file:

register_globals = on

----------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

try this:

goto line 508 and replace

tep_draw_fckeditor

with

tep_draw_textarea_field

Instead of fck I use SPAW and these works very fine.

best regards

BUTTONFACTORY

Thanks for your message! I also use SPAW.

But i noticed that the editor of original text was empty. To solve this I changed:

admin/extra_info_pages.php:

tep_draw_fckeditor('pages_html_text_'.$languages[$i]['id'],'600','300', $pages_html_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

to

tep_draw_textarea_field('pages_html_text_'.$languages[$i]['id'],'soft','70','15', $pages_html_text[$languages[$i]['id']]);

also removed this line to stop putting error messages on my apache log:

<script language=javascript src="editor/inhtml.js"></SCRIPT>

The popup to show the page on admin is not working. I modified this to open the page on a new windows:

<a href="java script:popupImageWindow(\'' . FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE . '?page=' . $pages['pages_id'] . '\')">' . tep_image

to:

<a target=new href="../' . FILENAME_PAGE_MANAGER . '?pages_id=' . $pages['pages_id'] . '">' . tep_image

Now, apparently, the contribution is working as it should.

Edited by cururu