• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution Issue

Hugo RSF

Hi,

this is a good contribution.

Just a quick question, whenever i goto admin to create a new page, when i enter Abc's as Page title, it will become this: Abc\'s on the Frontend website.

can someone advise please?

many thanks,

Can someone advise please?

Can someone advise please?

hey people, i managed to solve these... You guys should also take note whenever You add a single quote in the Page Title Field, it will become /'s instead of 's.... THis is based on the default extra_info_pages file in admin... For those famiiliar wif PHP, you might have solve this... Simply add stripslashse for pages_title.

Cheers!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All.

Just installed EXTRA PAGES INFOBOX VERSION 4.60 on OSC and everything works, just not when i choose to open it in the administration. I get the following:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in E:\itshop.dk\admin\extra_info_pages.php on line 540

As far as i can see there are now of the alterations that are inflicting with this file, so is it an error with the file from Extra Pages itself and is there a fix for this?

I use the "osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1" version.

Hope for somebody to help me here ;)

hi everyone

i installed this contribution,ver 4.6

no error in installation.

totally begginer in extra page . when i creatted new file using Extra info Pages Manager, how visitor can access this page because no link in info box comming up.

how can i find direct link of this new created page how can i access it.

pls eplain procedure to create new file. using tyhis system.

pls advise I know it sould silly question but i m stuck

regards

zee

I have a problem with the extar pages. I loaded the latest version, added the fix for php 5 (array code) and the fckeditor.

The extra pages always give a Not Found error when you click the link on the index.php left column. Pointing to:

http://domain1422203.sites.fasthosts.com/c....php?pages_id=2

for exmplae.

Also the fckeditor part does not appear anywhere. My client has specifically asked for it. can anyone help please?

Thanks all!

Sopt_on

• 1 month later...

How exactly do I create pages on this? Because i can point it with a link to other pages but the editor on the bottom of the Extra Pages doesnt seem to do nothing.

it says "You can use plain text or fully marked up HTML for the page." but i putted html and plan text and when i clik on the page in my store i only get the "Can't find page"

What am i doing wrong?

Thx

Edited by atreyu75

"Dreams are the pilar of reality, stop dreaming and you'll exist no more"

Firstly,

Everything works fine, but my extra pages are of larger width than the rest of my site. Here's my site for reference: www.stroller-roller.com

Does anyone know how I may fix this?

Mark

Edit the extra_info_pages.php to the correct measurements etc

and Secondly,

I have a problem with the extar pages. I loaded the latest version, added the fix for php 5 (array code) and the fckeditor.

The extra pages always give a Not Found error when you click the link on the index.php left column. Pointing to:

http://domain1422203.sites.fasthosts.com/c....php?pages_id=2

for exmplae.

Also the fckeditor part does not appear anywhere. My client has specifically asked for it. can anyone help please?

Thanks all!

Sopt_on

It looks like you don't even have the extra_info_pages.php in /catalog , do that and it will work fine.

Mike

I installed the extra pages contribution as far as I could. Now I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/mysitel/httpdocs/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 39

The code there is

$page_check = tep_db_fetch_array($page_query);
$breadcrumb->add($page_check[pages_title], tep_href_link('info_pages.php?pages_id=' . $infopageid));

Other problem: On index.php I can't locate:

same file REPLACE <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?> WITH <?php echo $pagetext; ?>

Any ideas? I guess my index.php is different. That's why I can't locate TEXT_MAIN. But how do I fix it?

How exactly do I create pages on this? Because i can point it with a link to other pages but the editor on the bottom of the Extra Pages doesnt seem to do nothing.

it says "You can use plain text or fully marked up HTML for the page." but i putted html and plan text and when i clik on the page in my store i only get the "Can't find page"

What am i doing wrong?

Thx

Please, anybody?

Man, this is getting annoying. I've tryed internal link, external link, i've tryed inserting something on the bottom boxes of the manager, but it always gives me "HTTP404 not found".

Come on, anyone?!

Hello,

How do I get my url in the address bar to be http://www.mysite.com/samples.php instead of http://www.mysite.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=7

I tried the fix that was posted on page 4 of this thread, but it did nothing at all.

Thanks

Surely some one must know this? Does this happen to anyone else using this mod? :-

Someone, anyone?????

I installed the extra pages contribution as far as I could. Now I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/mysitel/httpdocs/admin/extra_info_pages.php on line 39

The code there is

$page_check = tep_db_fetch_array($page_query);
$breadcrumb->add($page_check[pages_title], tep_href_link('info_pages.php?pages_id=' . $infopageid));

Other problem: On index.php I can't locate:

same file REPLACE <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?> WITH <?php echo $pagetext; ?>

Any ideas? I guess my index.php is different. That's why I can't locate TEXT_MAIN. But how do I fix it?

Anybody? I really would like to get this contribution to work!!!

• 1 month later...
Surely some one must know this? Does this happen to anyone else using this mod? :-

Someone, anyone?????

Rename the page, and rename the defintion in filenames and any things that call extra_info_pages.php to the name you changed it to, e.g. samples.php

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I am simpky cannot find my soultion here.

I have (sucessfully) installed the contribution but all the links are dead. See here the lower "Information" Box on the left hand side.

What have I done wrong? I cannot find the targets (http://www.wurmwelten.de/os1/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=2) anywhere...

I would really appreciate any help!

Open Source Newsletter: PhPList

Open Source Questionnaire: Lime Survey

Sorry, I am simpky cannot find my soultion here.

I have (sucessfully) installed the contribution but all the links are dead. See here the lower "Information" Box on the left hand side.

What have I done wrong? I cannot find the targets (http://www.wurmwelten.de/os1/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=2) anywhere...

I would really appreciate any help!

Maybe you need to carefully check what you have done. After all, it works for everyoneelse.

Edited by Coopco

Hi. My server is running mysql 5.

and i have error in admin/extra_info_pages.php

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 12

select p.pages_id, p.status, p.page_type, p.sort_order, s.pages_title from pages p LEFT JOIN pages_description s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where s.language_id='4' order by p.sort_order, s.pages_title limit -20, 20"

here is the query:

" $pages_query_raw = "select

p.pages_id,

p.status,

p.page_type,

p.sort_order,

s.pages_title

from

" . TABLE_PAGES . " p LEFT JOIN " .TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION . " s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id

where

s.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id . "'

order by

p.sort_order, s.pages_title";

"

I think it's mysql compability problem, but i don't know how to rewrite the code for the mysql 5.

can Anyone help ?

Edited by taraskin

Maybe you need to carefully check what you have done. After all, it works for everyoneelse.

Thank you for your hint Copco, but I have reinstalled this contributions 3 times and its not a case of me not following, rather of me not getting it.

From the Manual:

"5. Now the number next to the page type, for instance shipping is 3, is the number you use on the

actual page to tell the server that this is the page you want.

So just use the contact_us page modification format for any pages add except change this part:

p.page_type = 2");

to the page you want displayed, so shipping is 3, change it to 3 and what you put in admin for

page type "3 - shipping" will display automagically, nifty stuff huh?"

What do you make of that? I cant find "p.page_type = 2");" or "http://www.wurmwelten.de/os1/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=4" which deosnt seem to exist.

I would be happy to find out just what my problem is, so I can find a solution by myself...

Edited by NewBudda

Thank you for your hint Copco, but I have reinstalled this contributions 3 times and its not a case of me not following, rather of me not getting it.

From the Manual:

"5. Now the number next to the page type, for instance shipping is 3, is the number you use on the

actual page to tell the server that this is the page you want.

So just use the contact_us page modification format for any pages add except change this part:

p.page_type = 2");

to the page you want displayed, so shipping is 3, change it to 3 and what you put in admin for

page type "3 - shipping" will display automagically, nifty stuff huh?"

What do you make of that? I cant find "p.page_type = 2");" or "http://www.wurmwelten.de/os1/catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=4" which deosnt seem to exist.

I would be happy to find out just what my problem is, so I can find a solution by myself...

Hmm, not sure what you mean

Check that the start of the php in the pages is as <?php not <?

That is is the only problem that I had.

Just to clarify: For those who got it working, exactly where are the pages that the box links to?

.../catalog/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=4

I cant find this page and neither can my sever...

I changed

else {
  // commented for fix of cart empty 4.40 by azer   $page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
}

to:

else {
$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
  // commented for fix of cart empty 4.40 by azer   $page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';
}

Which had the effect that the "Contact us" link actually links to the contact us page. But my "Test Page" still doesnt work. (See bottom left Box

Btw I have no idea why that change helped at all. I just saw the comments and figured it couldnt hurt to remove them and see what happens....

Am I getting closer?