• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help: I want two different order emails sent.

Bigredman74

I know I can change the email that the customer gets by editing the "define('EMAIL " found in admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php. But I want to change the email that I receive when a customer places an order? I would like to place a link in this email that takes me to /catalog/admin/orders.php. (My /admin folder is password protected. )

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Thanks for your reply. This will send the same email that the customer gets. I want to send the original to the customer, and a modified one to me.

Any suggestions?

the email is made in checkout_process.php

you can try to change the email content and add a line to the end of it after it is sent to the customer in the same file i have changed mine to send it as an attachment adding a line should not be that hard

Okay, I found this in the /catalog/checkout_process.php:

// send emails to other people
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
     tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

I have tried a number of different ways to add a link to the end of this such as:

?Please visit /catalog/admin/orders.php to retrieve cc info. You will need your login and password to access this information.?

How can I make this work? Examples of code would really help.

Finally got it!

Thanks to tedbooks and PhilipH for his post here.

Here?s what I did:

1. Edited the code in /catalog/checkout_process.php

Old code

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
}

New code

$admin_order = $email_order . 'Go to <a href="mylink">mylink</a>, then click the Edit button to retrieve the credit card number.<br>You will need your user name and password to access this info.';
     tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, $email_subject, $admin_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

2. Then in the admin section of Configuration, E-mail Options, I set ?Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails? to ?true? to make the URL active in the email received.

I hope that someone else may benefit from this too.

All the best,

Tim

Archived