• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Turning Off Reviews

I want to disable REVIEWS completely and I followed some of the direction found here but they still show up. I can not find the product_info.php in the general folder. i found one in the English folder but it did not have the code I was to edit. I have the newest version of OSCommerce. Can you help me?

Also.. since I have your attention, do you know if this cart works with LinkPoint?

Joe

yes I have tried that but the file catalog/product_info.php does not exist. It only exists in the English folder and does not have the code you are referencing. Any other ideas?

joe

product_info.php does not exist? What version of osCommerce are you using? Maybe a loaded version? Or have you installed many contributions?

Very odd indeed. :)

product_info.php does not exist?  What version of osCommerce are you using?  Maybe a loaded version?  Or have you installed many contributions?

Very odd indeed. :)

I am using 2.2ms2 . I am not sure how to load contributions so I am not sure what that means. I am not much of a programmer but seem to find my way around ok. The site I am building is www.FitHappensTraining.com . Should I reinstall? Will I lose the 15 hours of work I did already?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Joe

Your catalog/product_info.php does exist (or osc/product_info.php in your case)  e.g. http://fithappenstraining.com/osc/product_...&products_id=29

Good luck. :thumbsup:

SUCCESS! I am so stupid. I never stopped to look on the server for the file. I was looking on my hard drive. I downloaded the entire site on my drive but noticed now that many files did not copy over for some reason. The file was on the server and I made the correction and all REVIEWS have been disabled. Thank you so much for your persistance in helping me see the light. Much successs to you.

Now if I could find a solution for my crappy looking thumbnail images. I like the larger view photo but do not like the thum. Normally I would have two graphics linking the smaller one to the larger but this system seems to use the same image for both. Any ideas? I tried a couple of suggestions but nothing works.

Joe

Give UltraPics a try.  You can use separate images of product thumbnail and large pop-up.

All set.. i found the solution and I am well on my way. Thanks. Looks like my cart is ready for product input. Hope to open by March 1.

Do you do programming for hire?

Joe

Archived