Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch


The e-commerce.

what i need to start an online service


Recommended Posts

do i need any lisence or so on to start an onlien service. no selling anything like osc. just either hosting, web designe ect...


i live in wisconisn, usa

Online or real world, technically you need a business license from your local government if you will selling products or services. Depending on the local jurisdictions you will need one from your county and possibly also from the city.


You will also need to register with the state to collect and remit sales tax on any sales or services provided within your home state.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also in some states you also need to have a federal EIN in order to apply for a state tax id and to get the state tax id you have to register you company name with the state.


Then get ready to do quartly Fed and State tax reporting, keeping track of every penny you earn or pay out and all the little thing that go with running a legal business.


Or you can skip all the above and hope you don't get caught.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...