• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOw can I change things easier on the frontpage?

philpop

Hi Guys,

I have an oscommerce site, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a contribution that I can add, so I can modify whats on my front page in the Admin.

This includes, adding pics, info etc.

At the moment, I have to go to the index file and change it in there and then upload it which is a pain!

Manythanks

Phil

There is a contribution called Extra pages taht allows you to create extra links .php files in an information box. However it is redundant to the current information box so you probably want to // it out from column_left.php when you have successfully installed extra pages. Be warned however that it will interfere with category listing contributions. If you have a problem I know how to resolve it, basically where it says ID$, change it to CID$. Also, this enables you to change your 'main page' text. It will allow you to insert images, hyperlink words etc. It's alot to go through just to edit the main page but if you plan on updating that often or handing this over to a client so they can change it, then I suggest it. I just don't like how it handles the 'extra pages' in the information boxes.

There is a contribution called Extra pages taht allows you to create extra links .php files in an information box.  However it is redundant to the current information box so you probably want to // it out from column_left.php when you have successfully installed extra pages.  Be warned however that it will interfere with category listing contributions.  If you have a problem I know how to resolve it, basically where it says ID$, change it to CID$.  Also, this enables you to change your 'main page' text. It will allow you to insert images, hyperlink words etc.  It's alot to go through just to edit the main page but if you plan on updating that often or handing this over to a client so they can change it, then I suggest it.  I just don't like how it handles the 'extra pages' in the information boxes.

Are you interested in helping me install it? seems like you know what your doing, I certainly dont.

Let me know,

my webpage is

www.microheliworkz.com.au

thanks

Phil

Archived